Star Wars skyrockets and so do Disneyland prices

Disneyland has raised their annual prices once again, and they’re higher than the Millennium Falcon has ever gone before.

It is ridiculous that Disney has raised prices for theme park lovers, only to get less.

“Star Wars Land” can be largely responsible for this inflation.

The latest addition was announced a few months ago to take advantage of the new film coming out this December and unfortunately that is not the big problem, the real problem is that Disney has planned major changes for their inaugural park.

Starting January 2016, Disneyland will permanently close Big Thunder Ranch, and temporarily close Pirate’s Lair, formerly known as Tom Sawyer’s Island, the popular Fantasmic water spectacular, all boat/ship attractions and the railroad that goes all around the park.

People who plan to get annual passports will not get the entire Disney experience they’re looking for.

The Star Wars experience can’t take all the blame however.

Disney raises their prices simply because they can.

Even though this inflation is an outrage, this isn’t the first time it has happened.

“The price of happiness keeps rising,” according to the Los Angeles Times.

In 2004, the Premium pass, now known as Signature or Signature Plus, pass holders paid $329 per pass.

As of now, the Signature and Signature Plus passports cost $849, with about a week of blackout dates, and $1,049 for no blackout dates.

As someone who had the Premium pass in 2009, it’s a shame prices have gone up about $100 each year.

The magical conglomerate knows that people will continue to pour whatever money they can to escape the real world and enter a fantasy land.

Walt Disney opened the park 60 years ago this year for families to forget about their problems and create memories that would last a lifetime.

However, with $99 one-day park tickets, and increased annual ticket prices, many families will have to stick to more affordable parks, or not go anywhere at all.

Memories will have to be made elsewhere, because “The Happiest Place on Earth” is quickly becoming the most expensive place on Earth, Endor and Hoth.

Ethan Ortiz
Ethan Ortiz, Editor in Chief
Hi! My name is Ethan and I am serving as the Editor-In-Chief for the Fall 2016 semester. I am a journalism major and love to write stories for the newspaper. In addition to writing hard hitting news, I like to create fictional stories on the side. I am co-hosting a radio show on WPMD at Cerritos College called "Beyond the Ropes" happening Wednesday at 11am. I like to listen different music, mostly Rock/Alternative and some of my favorite bands are Silversun Pickups, Cage the Elephant, and Metallica. If you want to know more about me feel free to tweet me at @EthanEnvy95.