Sesame Street introduces the first puppet with autism

One in 68 children in the United States have been identified with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD).

Sesame Street has been working with AUTISM SPEAKS and Autism Self Advocacy for more than a year now.

It is exciting to know that the popular kids show Sesame Street is going to introduce its new puppet Julia who has autism.

Julia comes from a digital book entitled “We’re Amazing 1,2,3.”

To know that there is a children’s show with a puppet that has a
Neuro-developmental Disorder is amazing.

It shows that the people who have autism are not in this alone and that there are people here for them.

Julia was announced to the world to be a part of Sesame Street’s “See Amazing.”

The program was brought about on Wednesday, Oct. 21.

Sesame Street is showing kids that the show that is having autism is not an easy thing to deal with.

Sesame Street launched this program to teach and show kids ranging from two-years-old to five-years-old exactly how to approach children who have autism in a respective and kind manner.

When Elmo talks to Julia he has to repeat himself a couple of times.

He says certain things that individuals who don’t have autism would normally understand and get the first time when they hear it.

This is one scenario to get readers to clearly understand how it really is when behaving toward someone who is autistic.

Everything that Sesame Street is doing for the autistic community is absolutely wonderful.

Children with autism are five times more likely to be bullied and to finally know that there is a popular children’s show supporting them in many ways is great.

Amber Phillips
Amber Phillips, Staff Writer
Hi I'm Amber Phillips I'm 17 years old I'm an only child,and I attended University High School and graduated in June 4, 2015, While in high school I was in yearbook crew and I joined the committee. I was editor for sports and social media. My major is radio television production. In my future I would love to become a sports photographer. The main sports I would look forward to are football and basketball, that's my passion. I love the beauty of taking pictures. As a high school student I took almost all the pictures at the games until I joined our school drill team. I love to dance so it was must. Well that's a little bit about me.