The Dark Knight will rise again, but after a short break

In an era where the movie hasn’t even yet hit theaters, the rumors for a sequel or spin-off can’t be helped.

It has been confirmed so far that Ben Affleck will still portray the Caped Crusader and at the same time direct the film.

Chris Terrio, former writer of the screenplay for the upcoming Justice League movies, is attached to the project which is rumored to be titled, The Batman.

Some fans have come to conclusions that the previews seen in the Batman vs Superman trailers leads to a Bruce Wayne who has already faced the loss of a Boy Wonder, which may lead to the rise of the famous anti-hero Red Hood.

Just a long story made short, Red Hood is the reborn version of the second Robin, Jason Todd, who was murdered in the hands of the Joker and resurrected as a new anti-hero.

If that would be the case, the plot of the movie will probably be based on the Death in a Family and Under the Red Hood story-line, which are two of the most famous stories in the Batman history.

The movie is planned to come out by 2020, after concluding what it appears to be the studio’s “Phase One” movie plans.

But the studio is rushing to make it possible to release by 2018.

The plan to bring back the Dark Knight back onto the big screens in a solo feature is a good move from Warner Brothers Studio, due that alongside Superman, both characters have been exploited for almost three decades straight on film.

Such characters seem to be used to open up a cinematic universe and introduce other characters from the DC comics that the audience hasn’t seen and explored before.

Suicide Squad, for example, which will be released in theaters in late 2016 will bring a new Joker and the long waited appearance of Harley Quinn.

At the same time, these beloved characters will be alongside lesser known characters such as The Enchantress, El Diablo, Katana, just to name a few, whom grab the attention of new and dedicated fans of DC comics.

Facing against a good opponent (Marvel studios,) Warner Brothers better use these upcoming movies wisely and seriously to be able to catch up.

Not to the point to make the characters edgy, and dark but to be faithful to the origins and chemistry of these characters, and that starts by fixing the bad reviews of Green Lantern and the bullied reputation of Aquaman.

Carlos Marquez, Opinion Editor
My name is Carlos Marquez and I am Opinion Editor for this fall semester in Talon Marks at Cerritos College. There is not much to say about me, I'm a regular student just like you majoring in Journalism and getting closer and closer to graduate with an Associates degree. I'm a fan of comic books and movies, I am what some may call a geek; I guess. I like to be aware of the events surrounding my community and share points of view with people to learn something new. I think is important to turn the community's voice into echo in order to inspire,make a difference and support a common cause.