White House Joins Snapchat

Kristopher Carrasco
By scanning the snap code, you can instantly follow the Whitehouse on snapchat and get some behind the scenes snaps of our government.

Overall, it will be interesting to see how frequent the White House snapchat account will be updated and what will even be posted.

However, others may not feel the same.

Melissa Ramirez, natural science major, believes Snapchat, the video messaging app, and the White House aren’t exactly a combination one would hear in the same sentence.

She believes it is essential for Americans to keep up to date with politics.

Ramirez said, “It’s a great way to find out what changes are being made.”

Andrew Gomez, graphic design, computer science and gaming major remarks, “It’s interesting to see that the White House decided to make a snapchat account.”

Petroleum engineering major, Ramon Torres said, “Snapchat is a cool way to find out what the president is up to.”

Torres hopes that Hilary Clinton, the democrat candidate, will become the first female president.

Aerospace engineering major, Angel Garcia, thinks it’s funny that the White House activity will be accessible through snapchat.

Americans will have a sense of excitement to know that they get to experience a speck of the president’s every day life.

That small glimpse may be exciting to some, however, the same could be said about the president’s critics who bash on him on television shows.

Only time will tell if the snapchat account was a good or bad idea.

One thing is certain; Obama will be the all-time innovative president who used social media to his advantage first.

Alvaro Flores
Alvaro Flores, Staff Writer
Alvaro "Art " Flores has joined Talon Marks to learn about Journalism and develop a portfolio. He graduated from Lynwood High in 2014 and was a member of the Marching Band. He also participated in the City of Lynwood California Candy Cane Lane Parade through the California Cadet Corps as a Color Guard member. On occasion he has spent his summer as a volunteer for the City of Lynwood recreation center helping the summer day camp program. Currently he has served as Intern for the City of Lynwood. Growing up with a passion for watching Pro Wrestling and playing video games. Yes that includes various wrestling companies such as WWE, TNA, New Japan Pro Wrestling, Lucha Underground, Ring of Honor and more. Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit wrestlers as a kid. He loves listening to music especially Rap. He loves to watch comedy movies especially Kevin Hart and Wayans Brother movies. His favorite TV shows include the simpsons, the vampire diaries, the originals, gotham, sleepy hallow and pretty much anything comic book super hero related. You can follow him on social media twitter artflo2015 instagram artflo2015 and facebook https://www.facebook.com/alvaro.flores.7393
Kristopher Carrasco
Kristopher Carrasco, Online Editor
My name is Kristopher Carrasco I'm that guy that went to college and didn't really know what to do. I just kind of jumped around until I was suddenly failing out of school. Then I found Talon Marks and little by little I started to understand what I wanted to do with my life and apparently it's journalism. The idea of gathering information from a variety of sources and re-telling it through visual or written story telling has engaged me in so much more than I ever thought possible. I love to work with Multimedia, but this year I have become Online Editor in hopes of learning a new skill set. I hope to be a music journalist in the future, but in the mean time I'll be finishing my last semester up at Cerritos College in the spring of 2016. I also love raccoons; like a lot.