Media pressures at all-time high

Challenges are faced on a daily basis for everyone, and it’s safe to say that said issues will never fade away, and apparently neither will the subsequent consequences of the inevitable prying eye.

Individually speaking, obstacles and the conquering of fears are what drive the very sake of humanity.

Being free of choice and thought is said to be guaranteed, decisions are made and freedoms being taken advantage of.

So why is it considered that freedom must be packaged with scrutiny in modern American culture when progressive changes continue?

A nation founded upon avoiding unfair conditions suddenly thrives upon the willingness to find flaws within another.

A multi-billion dollar industry founded upon the very fabric of what is essentially gossip.

Generations of people being expected to excel at all times, regardless of emotional or mental states; example of this is the late crucifixion of former Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel’s recent venture into the National Football League.

Initially touted as either a football savior dubbed “Johnny Football” or the next bust, with many insiders in the league doubting his passion to the game despite a massive number of athletic achievements and trophies.

Following the 2014 NFL Draft, Manziel participated in what is considered “crude” behavior, lavishly partying in Las Vegas and showing his true colors.

Now his first two seasons have seen mediocre performances sprinkled through spotty drives and an admittedly inconsistent overall performance.

A 23-year-old has issues with self identity and this is being magnified, what kind of dissecting Information Age fiends have sports fans become when someone is under this much pressure for being a decent sports player?

Nothing under the sun is ever new, so even with pressure being an obvious part of spectacularly entertaining American folks what is the actual point of it?

The false sense of satisfaction for having what is deemed a more wholesome life has overshadowed the sports world with empty superiority complexes.

Thousands of Tweeting fingers selling their own judgement upon millions of prying eyes within the Twitterverse just so they can reiterate the same points brought up by more knowledgeable people.

The only last question at hand is just how clean would the fingers that judge be?

And how clean would they be especially if magnified like Johnny’s scrutinized life, respectively almost no different to the average post adolescent male in America.

Just as the sun shines on all, the flaws within humanity will forever rage on.

Miguel Meza
Miguel Meza, Staff Writer
Miguel Meza is a second year student of Cerritos College. Apart from reporting for Talon Marks, Miguel is an independent filmmaker, showcasing his abilities through multimedia reporting throughout Talon Marks. A California native, he continues to strive to get the inside scoop on life.