Millenials don’t have time for God

College campuses have become the most recent common venue in which one can find people aggressively advocating their religious beliefs.

It isn’t difficult to spot them as they take over Falcon Square or the main entrance of the Social Science building with yellow signs preaching about how everyone must find God or they go to hell.

Millennials don’t care about religion. For those few that do identify as religious they don’t consider their religion a priority.

There is a constant pressure on millennials, “Go to college,” “Keep good grades,” “Get a job,” “Go out and make friends,” “Find the love of your life,” the last thing millennials want to worry about is God.

According to a study by psychology professor Jean M. Twenge from San Diego State University found that the amount of people who don’t believe in God doubled since the 1980s.

Based on Twenge’s study those within the ages of 18-29 are the great majority of non-believers.

Millenials are to blame for the great decline of religious believers.

Religion and God are simply not a millenials’ priority. This doesn’t mean that they don’t hold values or an ethic code to be a good contributor to society.

Assumptions made on the character of an individual based on the fact that millenials don’t attend a weekly service or employ daily prayer only shows ignornace.

Walking around campus and having people constantly yell how, as millennials, we are doomed, is something we don’t need with the stress of midterms, papers and finals.

Being a believer or non-believer should be a personal decision not something to be forced to do.

Choosing to be religious is a personal choice and should be treated as such.

Religion, much like sex, should be about consent, no means no, and nobody should get aggressive over your decision, they should simply respect it.

Chantal Romero, Platforms Editor