Psychotic couple comes back to Netflix

Be prepared to binge watch TV shows as Netflix begins to release new seasons of many TV shows. You is set to premiere on Netflix on Oct. 15th, 2021. Photo credit: Deepak
Be prepared to binge watch TV shows as Netflix begins to release new seasons of many TV shows. “You” is set to premiere on Netflix on Oct. 15th, 2021. Photo credit: Deepak

On Sept. 17, Netflix released a thrilling trailer on TikTok for an upcoming season for the hit series called “You” that ended up receiving 1.6 million views.

Joe Goldberg, the psychotic main character who’s with his partner Love Quinn, expressed his fear in the trailer because she’s shown giving birth to a baby.

In the previous season, the insane couple move to a new town starting fresh after the multiple murders and crimes they committed together.

Joe and Love now have to start fresh after giving birth to a boy, who’s likely to be as psychotic as them both.

Joe is shown as being willing to move to different places for his baby and even marry who he claims is a monster- Love.

It’s likely that the viewers could see Joe’s personality change into something less psychotic-but there’s no guarantee.

In the third season of “You”, Joe and Love move to a new suburban area trying their hardest to act like the normal, nice neighbors next door.

It’s predicted that things won’t go as the couple plans because of their given history where they were responsible for deaths and locking people up in a glass cage.

Throughout the trailer, there are scenes where Joe is close to outing his personality because of how easily he’s able to break things.

Joe is also shown hiding clothing of women he’s obsessed with, which Love discovered and afterward suggested couples therapy.

The cinematic trailer shows clips of Love and Joe arguing as well as Joe himself bagging up a bloody body once again.

Joe and Love are shown digging up a hole in the ground, and fans can infer it’s for their baby boy focused in the frame or for another person they killed.

It’s expected of this psychotic couple that they’ll go back into their dangerous cycle and bad habits, but there are also sparks of hope shown in the trailer for change.

The true question is-will the power of love or therapy help change the psychotics that lurks in the hearts of both Joe and Love? Only season three could give answers to that.

Netflix was urged in 2019 to come back with season three of this show because it did amazing on the platform.

Season three of “You” premieres on Netflix on Oct. 15th, and is expected to leave fans at the edge of their seats pleading for a thrilling yet romantic story.

This intense TV series is rated MA for mature audiences.

Fatima Durrani
Fatima Durrani, Opinion Editor
Fatima Durrani is the Opinion Editor & c0-online editor for Talon Marks. She is a Journalism major for Pre-law, and this is her last semester at Talon Mark before she transfers to a university. In addition to reporting, Fatima enjoys singing, editing photos, creating short films and reading poetry.