Palomar Invitational goes well

The Cerritos Falcons cross country team went out to the Palomar Invitational and won with the help of freshman Anthony Lozano who came in first place to lead the team to victory.

It was their first test of the year and they started off the season nervous, but ready.

“A lot of guys were nervous. I could see it in them because a lot of them had not run a four mile race yet,” David Pleitz said.

They shook all the nerves, went out and won this invitational.

Pleitz noted the team has been working hard and pushing themselves to the limit in practice just so they can go out and do their are the best. Their goal is to get to the state championships.

I was excited for our men’s team,” cross country director Christopher Richardson said. “To be so young and beat last year’s track and field state champions (Riverside) was a great start.”

David Pleitz did not compete last week because of injury but he will be there next weekend.

“I am very excited to be back out there with my team and help them out as much as I can” he said.

Last year his best time was 20:45 and intends to get even better from that this year.

“The SoCal preview in Santa Clarita is going to be a true test on where we stand in our region,” Richardson said. “This is important due to the fact that southern California is so strong that we are gauging where we fit in the state rankings.”

The meet is Friday at 9 a.m.

Dominic Hennix, Staff Writer
Hello, my name is Dominic Hennix. I am a 19year old enrolled in Cerritos Community College majoring in journalism, also a staff writer for the college newspaper. This is my first semester here and I am really excited. My television and computer is always on ESPN and that is my goal to work for that great company. I also love movies and are always going to see the latest movies. Hope to have much success on this field and have fun.