Students take pride in the Halloween spirit as they dress up to participate in the ASCC Zombie Fest. The nightfall version of the Zombie fest was held when the sunset on Oct. 29 Photo credit: Monique Nethington

Zombie Fest takes different nightfall approach

All the monster and ghouls have come out to play as the sun fell during the Cerritos College Zombie Fest.

The Associated Students of Cerritos College (ASCC) and the clubs here at Cerritos have come together Oct. 29 to bring students Halloween in Falcon Square.

ASCC extended Zombie Fest through the nighttime and kicked up the fright factor up a notch as they created a haunted maze on Falcon

The haunting maze brought students fun and terror all in one and was put together by Members of ASCC and the cosmetology club to bring terror to life.

Everything from haunting doctor to ghoulish children; An murdering college kid waiting for his next victim to bat away to what seemed like a beginning to the zombie apocalypse.

But fear not! Its all in the spirit of Halloween and to bring some attention the interesting clubs on campus.

“ [We] are here to support our club, ” said Vice President of the Active Minds Club Sandra Torres, “ [The club] bring awareness to different mental illnesses and with a hands on approach help abolish some of the stigmas that come with having a mental illness.”

An admirable mission that has the ability to touch and changes the lives of many.

As night dawned upon the campus, the wind whistled through the trees, the Halloween spirt become more and more alive at Cerritos.

Children, Students and parents all exciting to get the spirits scared right out of them.

Many Clubs joined in and were able to not only join in the festivities, but also spread their message such as the SAFE club.

“[The club] was previously QSA, Queer Straight Alliance, but we wanted to include everyone of different race, gender, and sexual identity… So everyone can join and have it not feel so directed toward the LGBT community.” said Celeste Orosco first year member of SAFE.

WPMD, the voice of cerritos, Brony Nation segment also came out to play.

“Fans of the shows My Little Pony and Friends with Magic come together to discuss the different art, music and the creative minds behind the show.” said Daniel who is the voice of the show.

Providing scares and entertainment, Falcon Square became the epitome of the Halloween spirit.

Monique Nethington
Monique Nethington, Editor in Chief
My name is Monique Nethington and am the current Editor-in-Chief of Talon Marks. I am a Journalism major at Cerritos College and hope to one day work for the NFL network as a field reporter. In the fall, I will be attending Academy of the Arts University in San Francisco to get my BA in Communications and Media Technologies.