Falcon Room Restaurant reopens for Cerritos College

The+kitchen+is+full+of+future+chefs%2C+with+the+student+chefs+preparing+every+meal.+
Alexia Naranjo
The kitchen is full of future chefs, with the student chefs preparing every meal.

The Falcon Room Restaurant is back in business and will be open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., along with a five-course dining event.

Not only will the restaurant offer a dine-in experience, but they will also be offering a menu for pick up and go services, which will have to be preordered 24 hours before the pick-up date, using this online order form.

All orders will have to be picked up on the pick-up date between 11 a.m.- 12:15 p.m. in the Falcon Room Restaurant. The restaurant is located in the student center building on campus near lot two.

When placing the order for pick up, choosing a date and time is required before proceeding with the next steps.

The following steps will allow students and faculty to choose any meal the chef and student chef’s provided:

Step one: Select a protein plate, ( ex: sirloin steak, grilled chicken breast, grilled salmon fillet, and vegetarian tikka masala) *priced between $4-7.

Step two: Select type of entree, (ex: creamy mashed potatoes with roasted vegetables in olive oil, mixed baby greens with balsamic vinaigrette, mixed baby greens with tofu ranch dressing, etc.) *priced between $4-5.

Step three: Optional sides, (ex: fresh bread with hummus, fresh roasted vegetables in olive oil, fresh focaccia bread, etc.) *priced between $2-3

Having various options to choose from will not only give the student chefs more experience in cooking different plates, but will also allow campus faculty and students to enjoy a delicious meal.

The Falcon Room Restaurant gives graduating students the opportunity to gain skills and use their knowledge from class to run the kitchen.

Each week the students rotate through different stations in the kitchen to gain experience in all areas and possibly learn something new.

The kitchen is run by the students from creating the menus to taking and making the orders.

These student chefs are working very hard to make sure every meal is made with love.

This service will be available for campus staff, faculty and students only to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.

Cerritos Culinary Arts Cafe has provided two menus for pick up only, Falcon express and Culinary Arts Cafe Menu. This can be found on the Cerritos website or the online order form given on top.

On these two menus, students and faculty have many options to choose from, so they can enjoy their food-to-go or dine-in.

If you have any questions feel free to contact the culinary arts department at (562) 860-2451 ext. 2406. or via email at [email protected], or visit the restaurant to experience it first hand.

Alexia Naranjo, Staff Writer
Alexia Naranjo is a staff writer for Talon Marks covering Arts and Entertainment, Life and Opinion. Alexia is a Journalism major and is currently enrolled in her last semester at Cerritos before transferring to Cal State. Other than covering stories Alexia enjoys taking photographs of landscapes to capture the beauty of our city and surrounding areas, going to the beach and spending time with her loved ones.