Falcon’s Nest Introduces PantrySoft

The+Falcons+Nest+at+Cerritos+College+will+allow+participating+students+flexible+access+to+their+needs+through+PantrySoft%2C+a+one+stop+shop+application+service.+Courtesy+of%3A+The+Falcons+Nest+
Clarissa Arceo
The Falcon’s Nest at Cerritos College will allow participating students flexible access to their needs through PantrySoft, a one stop shop application service. Courtesy of: The Falcon’s Nest

Cerritos College students receiving assistance from The Falcon’s Nest now have a new way to get what they need through PantrySoft, a new online service that will allow students easier access to their necessities.

PantrySoft will work in such a way as Instacart; guests can place an online order for pick-up with the groceries and products they need and set an appointment to retrieve them.

Students involved with Falcon’s Nest can access the one-stop shop service through the PantrySoft app or on a separate web browser; participants only need their username and password to get started.

Norwalk resident Alicia Gutierrez said that she thinks PantrySoft is a great addition to The Falcon’s Nest’s services and will be a big hit with participating members.

“It can be really hard to make time to go on a grocery trip with a busy schedule,” Gutierrez said, “Especially if you have kids or are juggling taking care of someone along with cleaning, laundry, paying bills and running errands. It’s overwhelming.”

Franco’s Market, associated with The Falcon’s Nest, is where students and local community members can access food items. It is also where PantrySoft shoppers will pick up their online orders.

The market is supplied with baked goods, fresh produce, hygiene products and frozen meat. It is located on the North East side of campus by the College’s bookstore.

The Falcon’s Nest is dedicated to providing support services for students facing basic need insecurities as well as stability.

Staff and interns for The Falcon’s Nest provide community support and on and off-campus resources such as food, housing, hygiene, mental health, and financial wellness through links, referrals, programs and more.

Each month, the service hosts the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank Distribution at Cerritos College in lot 10 at the Falcon Stadium where the community is invited to volunteer as well as get what they need.

The next Distribution events will be held on Feb. 23, March 23, April 27 and May 25 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Guests are required to wear face coverings at all times. All are encouraged to bring their own bags and carts to carry their own items back to their vehicles.

Those interested in volunteering for The Falcon’s Nest or assisting the campus food bank are encouraged to reach out to the program via email at [email protected].

The Falcon’s Nest drop-in assistance hours via Zoom are scheduled Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Consider reaching out with any questions and/or concerns.

To request assistance with basic needs support- whether for yourself or someone you know, The Falcon’s Nest encourages folk to fill out the Falcon’s Nest Referral Form. Referrals can only be filed for currently enrolled students at Cerritos College.

Clarissa Arceo, Community Editor
Clarissa Arceo is Community Editor for Talon Marks covering community news, Life, and arts & entertainment. She is a Journalism major transferring to a 4-year university in the Fall. Aside from reporting, Arceo enjoys photographing community events, reading contemporary romance and psychological fiction novels, and taking trips to the beach.