Welcome to College Life

This isn’t your typical, ‘Welcome to your first year of college freshmen,’ cliché greeting.

This new edition to Talon Marks will look in-depth at the things that college students encounter on a regular basis. This includes sex, drugs and hard-facing issues we face as a conglomerate.

Double major, Joselyn Herrera said, “I guess it depends on the people. Some people don’t care about the school they are just here to get things done and leave.”

On a lighter note, it will also include things such as study habits, test-taking tips and keys to success at Cerritos College.

Essentially, this section is for any and every college student from all walks of life.

Computer integrated science major, Kristopher Willet said, “I would say with this system, if you can assist them and get them through their [situations] then by all means.”

For the last two semesters, Talon Marks has tried to incorporate a new section called Campus Life.

It was meant to cover campus clubs, music and movies all while trying to incorporate everyday college life.

Now it is broken up into two separate sections, Arts and Entertainment and College Life.

This section was created in hopes to give advice of sorts for the student body of Cerritos College.

“This is a time to experience new things and a time to really get to know who you are. Its kind of where you start your life, where your journey begins as an independent person” Herrera said.

We are in a day and age, where the world isn’t going to sugarcoat or dance around issues, so why should we?

In fact, we should embrace tackling these difficult issues head on.

We are going to ask the questions that some students are afraid to ask.

The purpose of this section is to encourage and uplift students who are going to similar issues that the staff of students are going through as well.

We understand that nobody’s life is easy but at least this way you don’t have to go through it alone.

Terrel Emerson
Terrel Emerson, Online Editor
Hello all, I am Terrel "Chatterbox" Emerson. I was the Online Editor for the 2016 Fall Semester. I am a sports buff. My work can be seen on terrelemerson.wordpress.com. Follow me on twitter @sir_chatterbox. Dodgersnation.com, check it out!