Falcons win at Pasadena

As the men’s basketball team’s shot difference was one between throughout the team, the battle of the boards made the real difference as Cerritos College out rebounded Pasadena 55-38 as sophomore forward TJ Taylor lead with 12.

The idea of getting to the line with certainty was addressed by head coach Russell May, and his staff.

The order given to reach the shooting line aggressively lead to Cerritos taking 12 more free-throws than the Lancers.

During the second half on the game the players came out the gate using a more uptempo style offense which translated to easy transition points and more chances at the free throw line, helping Cerritos spark a 10-run in the first 1:41.

“Well we just tried to take advantage of their defense, they were pressuring and we want to attack pressure. Because they were picking us up full court we had opportunites to break down at the other end. We just take what they give us,” Russell said.

Concerns were brought about some of the passes that were being throw into heavily congested areas of the court creating points on the other end.

With good on ball pressure, rebound boxing, blocking shots and cancelation of driving plays, Cerritos was able to secure and eventually expand their lead.

“Compton is very hard to guard we’re gonna have to have our legs, so we’re gonna get a lot of rest tomorrow and get some free-throw and get ready for Friday night,” coach Russell said.

The game was close towards the final mintues but was won at the free throw line.

The Falcon’s next challenge is against El Camino-Compton Center at home at 7 p.m.

Akeem Ivory
Akeem Ivory, Staff Writer
Spring 2014 My name is Akeem Ivory, this is my first year at Cerritos College but my fourth year in college. I am a double major in Communications and Journalism, I do not have any prior Talon Marks experience but feel that my love of writing and sports can take me a long way in help with the success of Talon Marks. Something personal about my interests is I love to watch, talk, and breathe sports. Also have a huge interests in Sneakers.