Falcon Women’s Volleyball team is defeated by El Camino College Warriors

Gladys+Garcia+hitting+the+ball+back+in+and+interesting+way.+managing+to+hit+it+back+before+it+hits+their+court.+
Oscar Torres
Gladys Garcia hitting the ball back in and interesting way. managing to hit it back before it hits their court.

Cerritos College’s women’s volleyball team lost a difficult game for them against El Camino college volleyball team the Warriors on Fri. Sept. 27. the scores for the first three sets were 25-12, 25-16, 25-13 giving the Warriors a clean three set game for them and a loss for the Falcons and its female volleyball team.

In the first set Cerritos Falcons were starting off to a good start taking the lead, however, El Camino Warriors were quick to take back the game with them being the first to 10 and then to 20 in the first few minutes of the game.

Most of the Warriors earned points were from Falcons mistakes when trying to block the ball from the Warriors and many out of bound shots from them too many of them to count .

The first set of the game shows how confident the Warriors are and how its not playing around coming here to win the match making the Falcons intimidated by the Warriors offensive strategy.

The second set of the game wasn’t going well for the Falcons as they have been constantly getting themselves blocked with some of the players failing to hit the ball back to the other side of the net.

The Warrirors getting the first point of the game was because of an attack error by sophomore Brooke Winquist outsider hitter No.12.

The for Falcons sophomore Alexia Torres outsider hitter No.13, managing to land some points for her team as she constantly landing and spiking the ball to the opposing net scoring a few points for her team.

She was also one of three players who was mostly blocking and landing some kills in the games with the other two being freshman Andrea Garcia middle blocker No.9 and Winquist.

The second was anyone’s game, with El Camino Warriors managing to take the lead by a few points while the Cerritos Falcons manages to take back the lead, making it a tied game with both teams going back to back earning points not letting any team take a substantial lead.

Nearing the end of the second set. El Camino Warriors, 20-11, the Falcons called their second and third timeout of the match showing just how difficult it is for Cerritos to take back the lead.

El Camino winning the second set of the game, 25-16, all because of an attack error by Brooke Winquist.

The third set begins with Cerrito’s falcons starting off strong with a three-point lead but was quickly overwhelmed by El Caminos offense with them taking the lead in the first few minutes of the game, 6-3 but Cerriots werent gonna give up with out a fight and continue to play strongly in this.

Even with the comeback, they still struggled to get points after that which ultimately cost them the set and in turn the game with the Cerritos Falcons disappointingly losing their first of the many conference games that they have.

Cerritos next match will be against Los Angeles Harbor College on Wed Oct. 2. at 6 p.m. in an away game at their college.

Oscar Torres
Oscar Torres, Co-Arts and Entertainment Editor
Oscar Torres is one of the Co-Arts & Entertainment editors here in Cerritos college. He’s been wanting to study journalism since high school and since then he’s been working hard to continue his goal. He enjoys all things entertainment from manga, film, shows/cartoons, music and video games. Oscar hopes to transfer to CSULA to continue his career in journalism in hope of one day working in a news group that he is passionate about or starting his own brand for all things entertainment.