Fresh material lifts new Batman game

Batman: Arkham Origins, the prequel to the first two installments of the Batman Arkham franchise is bringing fresh material into the game while also bringing back a few original characters.

This new installment is about Black Mask hiring assassins to kill Batman on Christmas Eve. These assassins consists of Firefly, Deadshot, Deathstroke, and many more. There also will be other villains in the game such as Joker, The Penguin, and Bane.

This younger Batman will not be played by the same actor Kevin Conroy. It will be Roger Craig Smith who is most famous for doing voice overs such as, Ezio from: the Assissians Creed franchise, Chris Redfield in Resident Evil 5 and 6, and Sonic the Hedgehog. There will also be a new Joker who is voiced over by Troy Baker and is know for doing characters such as Rya Hayabusa in Ninja Gaiden 3, and Joel in the new game, Last of Us.

The way Batman fights is new. You will see how he is not as crisp in his fighting style as the first two games because he is young and inexperienced. His speed will be much faster, though, and expect him to be rougher.

As a bonus from pre-ordering the game, Deathstroke will be a playable character in challenge mode. Another mode that will be included for the first time in the Batman franchise the the multiplayer 3 vs 3 vs 2. You can either be in Joker’s crew, in Bane’s crew or play as Batman and Robin. It is online and if you’re in Joker or Bane’s crew, it will be a third person shooter.

Warner Bros. Games Montreal have also completely revamped the detective mode. Batman has the ability to recreate a series of events after they have already happened, so Batman can fast forward and rewind the event to figure out what happened and how to solve it.

This franchise for the most part has great graphics all together and this game does not disappoint. It actually is a little bit of a step up from the other two.

Batman: Arkham Origns will come out on Oct. 25 only for the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, and PC.

Dominic Hennix, Staff Writer
Hello, my name is Dominic Hennix. I am a 19year old enrolled in Cerritos Community College majoring in journalism, also a staff writer for the college newspaper. This is my first semester here and I am really excited. My television and computer is always on ESPN and that is my goal to work for that great company. I also love movies and are always going to see the latest movies. Hope to have much success on this field and have fun.