Dynamic Dance Club taps into the Valentine’s spirit for their first bakesale

As Valentine’s Day seems to be right around the corner Dynamic Dance Club decided to sell heart-shaped goodies.

Club members filled up a table with cinnamon rolls, and many varieties of cookies on Thursday, Feb. 13 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Jacky Sanchez, member of DDC, hoped to raise enough money to be able to offer all of the members shirts and sweaters with club logos.

“We usually just make bake-sales to fund raise for the club, but there was a time we sold nachos,” said Emani Acosta, club member for the past three semesters.

These bake-sales aren’t only to fund raise money, but to promote the club and try to recruit new members to get involved.

Auditions for the club will be posted around campus very soon. DDC provides two types of auditions.

The first audition is for members who have been involved for a great length of time. In order to audition they will have to audition with three or more members.

The second audition is for all new club members. This audition will provide the chance for them to create their own choreography and show DDC what they’ve got.

“Many people are shy to sign up, but we want to teach them how to dance, that is what we are all about to help them learn,” said Vanessa Acosta, president of DDC.

The fundraising that takes place throughout the semester will then lead to a Dance Show.

Near the end of the semester DDC hosts a free dance show that will reflect all hard work everybody put in for the club.

“We want to help people express themselves through dance, and be able to show the progress that was put when we have the Dance Show at the end of the semester,” Acosta added.

Briana Velarde
Briana Velarde, Online Editor
Just a journalist in the making. You can call me Bree.  This is my last semester on the newspaper but like everyone else I started as a staff writer. I have also been Social Media, Multimedia, and Arts & Entertainment editor. Currently pursuing a career in journalism. Music, entertainment, and visual stories are my passion. How much time do I spend in the newsroom? All day. Well maybe not all day because I work at a theater and sweep popcorn for a living, but hey these bills aren't going to pay themselves. My ultimate goal to become a digital content producer for a radio station. If all else fails catch me designing for a magazine like Complex or Fader. Since my life revolves online, therefore I am your current Online Editor. Excited to be able to share my content on the online and print version of Talon Marks, read all about it!