“Bill & Ted Face the Music” is an upstanding experience

BIll and Teds adventure continues to find that perfect song in modern society. The movies was released on Friday Aug. 28, 2020 Photo credit: loewsjersey on Flicker.com

A nostalgic movie classic for your parents and fans of Bill & Ted’s adventures from day one. The ‘Bill and Ted’ trilogy is definitely a series to see and after years of anticipation, the Bill and Ted adventure continues for one last hoo-rah!

Two middle-aged men who are still best friends are trying to find their purpose in a life grounded by honesty, friendship, and, the obvious, badass music that serves bona fide vibes, dude.

Both characters gave the audience a little taste of the early nineties with their usual charismatic performances that everyone first fell in love with.

Bill (Alex Winter) and Ted (Keanu Reeves) are now proud fathers of two teen daughters, Billie and Thea. Both Bill and Ted end up being in a rocky situation in their relationships with the princesses they first married in the original film.

The duo seems to have a hard time realizing that they cannot go to the couples therapy retreat together, which causes them to kind of freak out since they do almost everything as a team.

At one point in the movie, they both begin to say “we” instead of “I” when sharing their feelings towards their wives. Whatever one feels, the other feels the same.

In the midst of all this emotional chaos, their band Wyld Stallyns hasn’t created or produced a song that so happens to be the ultimate song that binds the universe together in peace.

Since then, fame and recognition have deteriorated to where they do local open-mics, attempting to write that perfect song but continuously fail.

“Face the Music” is about that feeling of not living up to your past self-image, like you’re failing you’re younger self. Times change and we grow up but it’s never too late to chase the dream as Bill and Ted continued to do.

With trilogies, a person might need to watch all three movies to understand what’s going on but “Face the Music” does a good job of filling in the past for new fans.

It still appeals to the long-term legendary fans, with that early-nineties vibes, the narration voiced by Billie and Thea, and of course, the infamous air electric guitar scenes!

The best thing about this excellent movie is the array of musical geniuses and artists that are brought together by Billie and Thea with a time machine in order to help their dads produce the perfect song that saves the world and universe from collapsing.

Kid Cudi, Louis Armstrong, Chinese flute player Ling Lu, and a cavewoman who plays the drums are present in what creates an epic sound which finally allows Bill and Ted to give an electrifying performance on their guitars. Who would’ve thought that Mozart and Jimi Hendrix could create an ultimate musical smash-up!

“Bill and Ted Face the Music” is unquestionably a movie to watch with your younger siblings and older peers to have an ultimate throwback experience. It’s a great feeling to finally watch a movie series that finally got the ending it deserved.

Rebecca Aguila
Rebecca Aguila, Multimedia Editor
Rebecca Aguila is the currently Multi-media editor and is a 22-year-old student who is majoring Journalism who is set to graduate Spring 2021. Her dream is to create a multi-media production company that is internationally available for an array of content creators. She is a lover of all types of food and will eventually be the creator and producer of food documentary series that highlights the authentic dishes throughout the world.