Pansa Llena: Los 5 Puntos is Mexcelllent!

Los+5+Puntos+located+at%2C+3300+East+Cesar+E+Chavez+Avenue%2C+Los+Angeles%2C+CA.+Serves+many+dishes+from+tacos%2C+burritos+and+menudo.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Los 5 Puntos located at, 3300 East Cesar E Chavez Avenue, Los Angeles, CA. Serves many dishes from tacos, burritos and menudo.

TM Marilyn Parra

TM Marilyn Parra

TM Marilyn Parra

Marilyn Parra, Co-Online Editor

¡Hola Pansitas! Today I’ll be talking about a place in LA that sells almost everything.

Los 5 Puntos in East LA is located on the street of Cesar E. Chavez and serves handmade tacos, burritos, sopes and tortas. Apart from buying a meal, you can go in and shop around.

This place reminds me of a mini pueblo near my grandma’s house. They sell things like chile, meat and any ingredients you might need in the kitchen.

The carnitas were amazing, served in a flour tortilla this taco made my pansa llena. The tacos at Los 5 Puntos are above average, the ladies working there really pack everything on the tacos, which is never a bad thing.

They have a variety of toppings like pico de gallo, chiles, nopales or cacti, guacamole and many more. Now the prices here can add up, it’s hard to resist not stacking your taco or burrito when a full display is in front of you.

Two tacos can come out to $8 with all toppings and that is without a drink, but no need to worry, this place offers combo meals at reasonable prices.

Before attending Los 5 Puntos, I had read up on the menu and the carnitas tacos; although I prefer traditional beef tacos, the talk on the restaurant’s carnitas made them a must-try. The tacos were not a let down.

Not only were the carnitas amazing, but so was their beef; it was very tender and juicy. The thickness of the tortilla really helps keep your taco sturdy instead of tearing.

Los 5 Puntos carries 11 meat options and serves more than just burritos and tacos. This place has menudo enchiladas and tamales. This place is certain to cater to any of your cravings.

Besides the food, this place has a great atmosphere making you feel at home. The staff is very helpful and quick. You can also view the cooks making all the tortillas by hand. The restaurant is located in the center of a five-point area which explains the name, but despite the traffic, the location has a roomy seating area outside and offers free parking for guest.

Next time you’re in East LA, make sure to check out Los 5 Puntos for freshly-made, authentic meals.

About the Writer
Marilyn Parra, Co-Online Editor

Marilyn Parra is a communications major at Cerritos College and is now the Co-Online/Social media editor at Talon Marks. Marilyn would love to work for...