Welcome to the Falcon community!

The campus offers a variety of services and programs to encourage student success. Cerritos College welcomes all incoming students. Photo credit: Edgar Mendoza

As the Fall 2019 semester enters in full swing, Talon Marks would like to extend a welcome to all incoming students.

In addition to the 120 plus majors and certificates that one can achieve, Cerritos College also offers a host of programs and services that cater to students from all demographics and walks of life.

These programs are designed to make your time at Cerritos as easy and streamlined as possible, ensuring students meet their goals regardless of what obstacles arise.

When students first arrive on campus, they may find that the parking situation is anything but convenient; however, Cerritos College has now partnered with ParkMobile, a service that allows students to pay for parking through the ParkMobile app.

The app suggest nearby parking areas, as well as including an option to pay for a custom set amount of time, perfect for students with an erratic class schedule.

The campus is also home to a student health clinic, offering services ranging from preventative health, mental health care, and nutrition.

Starting Sept. 5, Student Health Services will also offer free group yoga every Thursday in the campus gym. No equipment necessary.

If students are unable to find a seat in some of the more in-demand courses, classes are also offered online and at the La Mirada Campus site, located five miles down the road from the main campus.

These classes are intended to work with your schedule, with alternating days between the main campus and the La Mirada site.

As an added benefit, these classes offer embedded tutoring, with one support course per class.

The TAG, or Transfer Admissions Guarantee program, reserves students a seat at one of 6 University of California Campuses: Irvine; Davis; Merced; Riverside; Santa Barbara; and Santa Cruz, provided they meet a GPA requirement and complete a set list of courses, outlined on The UC TAG Matrix prior to transferring.

TAG also extends to select private universities and out-of-state schools, such as The University of La Verne and Arizona State University respectively.

Lastly, for student with a 3.0 or higher GPA, there is the scholars honors program .

This program provides students with an earlier enrollment date , as well as an earlier review of their applications to renowned universities. In 2018, 80% of Scholars Honors Program students nationwide were accepted to UCLA.

Cerritos College also hosts a study abroad trip to Florence, Italy, and a Taiwan Educational Experience once a year.

Other programs include a leadership conference available to all students, free of charge, and a University Mega-Fair that showcases a variety of schools that students can transfer to.

As the semester grows increasingly hectic, keep in mind that these services are always available to you and you are not alone in your endeavors.

You are part of a community: Cerritos Community College.

Kianna Znika
Kianna Znika, Editor in Chief
Kianna Znika is the current Editor-in-Chief for Talon Marks and previously worked as the News & Community Editor. Her goal is to work for any publication that values nature, mental health, community and the overall wellbeing of others. When she's not working on a news story or sharing her unfiltered opinion with the world, she enjoys reading/writing, hanging out with friends, and taking care of her dog, geckos, and indoor plants.
Edgar Mendoza
Edgar Mendoza, Staff Writer
Edgar Mendoza is the current staff writer for Talon Marks, having formerly held the positions of Managing and Community Editor. He is studying Journalism at 20 years of age, and hopes to one day attend USC Annenberg to study communications. He believes there’s a bright side to everything, and hopes to one day start a publication that features positive and uplifting news.