The Endless Possibilities on Display at Mega Fair

The student transfer fair here at Cerritos College is one of the most attended events here on campus. Many students come out to find out more information on the different schools out there, and possibly find out a bit more on a school they had not yet considered.

Chapman University was one of the few private institutions represented in the middle of Falcon Square.

Christian Aguilar,Assistant Director of Admissions was the school representative at school. The question posed to him was, “what are you hoping to achieve here at Cerritos?”

His response to the question was just to raise to raise awareness about the private institutions as well as the trade schools out there and that the students should not be so closed to the thought of attending one of those if they are the right fit for them.

When posed the question of “what sets your school apart?” he went into some information “we’re a comprehensive private institution so all of our students work with hands on equipment, hands on research opportunities,internship opportunities and are at the forefront of its growth at the institution.”

Brittany Lundeen, Who is one of the few representatives from the transfer center at their booth states that she anticipates somewhere between 4-500 students to come to the event. When asked if that number is higher or lower than years past she said, “That’s pretty consistent for us. I’m hoping we have more than that but I expect 4-500 students.” When asked for possible improvements to the event in the future she by states, “ I think the biggest thing is trying to get the word out, to raise awareness. Maybe more marketing .” Students come out, get to see the different schools and that part I don’t want changed , is how the short chat ended.

Lastly Cal State University of Fullerton and a few questions were asked to them,

Eloísa Rómero,an Outreach and Recruitment counselor at CSUF was happy to answer the questions..

“So out of the many schools here on campus, what made your campus decide to come?”

—“we were invited by the campus to have a table here and share information about our school, share information about what sets us apart from the other fine schools here and Share information on the many different majors we offer on our campus. We have many opportunities for the student to be involved as well.”

The event was well attended by both prospective transferee students and schools alike. It was a bigger event than in the past year end it can only be expected to grow in the future.

Overall the event was a great success and there was much knowledge to be shared about each prospective school that might be in the students future.

Lots of information to be shared about schools that you might not have considered it in the past. Hopefully one of those campuses might be in your not so distant future.

Good luck to everyone filling out the applications!

Luis Lemus, Co-Sports Editor
Luis is very big on baseball and tries to attend as many games as he can when there are no classes, of course. When he is not in class or attending a baseball game, he enjoys listening to music, specifically Hip-Hop and Banda. Specifically Banda MS, Banda La Adictiva and Banda El Recodo.