Fun and games on Constitution Day

Constitution day at Cerritos College gave students an opportunity to come together in the spirit of patriotism on Sept. 17.

The event was hosted by students and the student activities department who presented the event with enthusiasm and falcon spirit.

The day consisted of games, prizes and celebrating, as there were a few booths that each encouraged students to celebrate with them in the signing of the Constitution of the United States.

The booths, located at Falcon Square outside of the food court, were all color-coordinated with the American flag and had decorations that caught the eye of anyone to see and ask questions of what they were doing and what games they had.

There were also prizes for the games they offered. Some featured were a hacky-sack game and a questionnaire game about the Constitution.

The prizes ranged from American flag keychains, pens and pencils to toy ducks and candy.

“It is a day to show our awareness of patriotism,” Anthony Jaurieta, mathematics major, said

Another booth was giving out free items, such as free agendas, pop sockets for phones with the school colors, and other Cerritos College branded items.

Other students were handing out pamphlets that had the Constitution written down and broken up into sections so you can read it more easily.

There was even a sizeable Constitution banner where students could sign their names and be a part of the celebration.

Free food was also available to the students courtesy of student activities, the campus only asked that students write a quick review of the school, on improvements they could do or just a quick praise.

Kimberly Sayo, a chemistry major, said that it is important to know about it because you can learn how our country was founded, where we started, and let people know that they have specific rights.

This event was seen as a success by the campus and is expected to continue for years to come.

Vivian Yglesias
Vivian Yglesias, Staff Writer
Vivian Yglesias is a Cerritos College student and is a journalism major. Her free time includes listening to music, Internet browsing, and writing. She hopes to become an author one day, but is settling for a career in journalism because she loves to write.