Transfer center goes to Berkeley and Davis

Have you ever thought about where you are transferring to after Cerritos College?

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. So many decision to make as students go through college. Well the Cerritos College Transfer Center is here to help students figure out what they are looking for in a school to transfer to.

During the first two days of spring break 47 student and three advisors are headed to UC Berkeley and Davis in northern California.

These students will be touring the campuses and going to workshops to help them learn more about the schools and what they need to do to transfer there.

The Transfer Center and the Puente Project are the ones responsible for getting the students to go on this trip.

“Last year we had three different trips, one for Transfer Center, one for International Students and the other the Puente Project students. But this year we combined the trip to help save money,” said Carol Patrick, Administrative Dean of Counseling.

This year the International Students are not going on the trip.

The trip is funded by the Cerritos College Foundation and gave some requirements that the students needed to meet before going on the trip.

Students needed to have a minimum of a 2.7 GPA and have earned at least 15-40 transferable units. Also there is a $10 deposit that students put down to reserve their spot on the bus, but will get the money back the day of the trip.

“We do this trip every spring because it is easier to take off during spring break than during the fall semester,” Patrick said.

The students are very enthusiastic about the trip said Patrick.

There is one student that has applied to one of the school’s and has been accepted. The school called Cerritos College to see if they can get the student to come on the trip because all they really need to do was still visit the school and check out the campus.

The students will be there from April 13 to April 15. The lodging and transportation is provided by the Transfer Center.

Alicia Edquist, Staff Writer