Free food should be provided to the busy student

There are many benefits to having free food on campus. Especially if you have a hard enough time as it is paying to go to school.

With the declining economy, it makes it difficult for low-income students to be able to afford classes, books, parking passes, etc. It is wonderful when they are able to get something for free for a change.

Some people have classes so close together in one day and are on campus for hours. If they accidently forget their wallet or just don’t have any money on them, they go all day starving.

However, it is smart to have a limit to how much food someone can receive. It can be a problem if some people are taking more food than other people.

It helps not just the restaurants promote their business but it also makes students appreciate the things that Cerritos College has to offer them.

Some students aren’t on campus long enough to see what actually goes on on campus and others are too busy paying attention to other things to notice.

Anytime the In n Out food truck has been on campus, there is always a long line of students there to receive their free burger, chips, and a drink. After receiving their lunch, you always see a smile on the students’ faces.

It is something that makes the students feel that the school cares about them outside of the classroom like the school is looking out for its students in more ways than just with learning.

Lauren Gandara
Lauren Gandara, Editor in Chief
Hello, my name is Lauren Gandara and this is my fifth semester providing content for Talon Marks. After being a section editor for three years in a row since Fall 2011, I decided to take a semester off and did some freelance work. Coming back from taking a semester off, this is my final year as a member of the newspaper before I graduate as a journalism major. After leaving Cerritos College, my goal is to attend the University of Southern California and study telecommunications with a minor in fashion. After obtaining my Bachelor's, my goal is to become an on-camera reporter for E! News.