Letters to fellow Cerritos College Marines in Kuwait

With the possible war being weeks away, students as well as faculty are being affected by the possible threat.

Erik Duane is a employee of Cerritos College and also a United States Marine. Duane is currently stationed in Kuwait, where him and his fellow marines are awaiting President Bush’s orders.

Americans are sending off there loved ones that are being called to active duty and we can only imagine how the troops and families feel.

The Health Occupations Division has started to gather notes to send to Duane while he is away from Cerritos College.

“Erik works in Computer Services and he has come to the Health Occupations Divison office to service our computers,” said Jenine Nolan, Health Occupations.

The Division office has received emails from Duane, talking about what is going on there and wishing the other men and women in his troops could receive the same types of letters.

“We would love to put a big smile on those Marines faces and make them feel better and let them know they have support,” Nolan said.

The Health Occupations office is opening up the letter writing to anyone who would like to write a letter to Duane.

If you would like to send a greeting to Duane, please send all notes, cards, letters, etc. to Health Occupations and they will send it off for you.

Also if you would like to send encouraging words to a marine stationed in Kuwait, you may “Adopt a Marine.”

Simply send your greeting to “Dear Marine” and Duane will take care of getting the letters to the men and women.

Students and faculty are encouraged to get the letters in as soon as possible.

If you have any questions about the letters to the Erik Duane and the Marines, please contact Jenine Nolan at 562-860-2451 ext. 2554.

Alicia Edquist, Staff Writer