How can they not find the missing Malaysian airplane?

The Boeing 777 plane that went missing almost two weeks ago, en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing over the Gulf of Thailand somewhere between Malaysia and Vietnam, has been raising a lot of speculation of the events that took place that caused the plane to go off radar.

Many experts have come up with different scenarios of what could have happened to the plan ranging from a hijacking to a malfunction or even a collision.

The plane lost all contact with the land, changed its direction and finally ended up missing.

The cause of the missing flight is still uncertain.

Many people are beginning to believe that the flight was hijacked, but according to CBS News, “Police are considering the possibility of hijacking, sabotage, terrorism or issues related to the mental health of the pilots or anyone else on board, and have asked for background checks from abroad on all foreign passengers.”

The Malaysian prime minister has tried to keep other countries from getting too involved with the search for flight 370 and has made a statement saying that the pilots of the plane are innocent until proven guilty.

Families of the people on the missing plane have protested the Malaysian country demanding to know the truth and if I were in their shoes, I would be doing the same thing.

It’s a scary thought knowing that no matter where you go or what you do, you are never safe; anything can happen at any time.

According to Fox News, Australian officials have spotted debris to what they can only assume is from the missing jet.

It just seems so unreal that a large jet plane can go missing as if it never existed.

Bill O’Reilly, host of The O’Reilly Factor, had fans write in about what they thought about the missing flight and one opinion stuck out to mind. It said that the US is using this story as a way to distract Americans from what is really happening in the Ukraine.

With all these conspiracy theories, who knows what to believe any more?

All that is for certain is that there are 239 people missing and no one can find them.

There are even celebrities such as Courtney Love looking for them.

As funny as that may sound, at least Love cares enough to try and find these people.

There are children on that flight too and don’t deserve to be missing for this long.

It is very sad knowing that there is no way to be certain that you will be okay and safe when you want to travel.

It would be safer to just stay home and on the ground where you know that you could be safe and not worry about disappearing.

Larissa Morales, Staff Writer
Spring 2014 Hello everyone! My name is Larissa Morales and I am a Journalism major. This is my second semester on the Talon Marks staff and I couldn't be more excited to work with such wonderful colleges; some old and some new! I love writing, which is why I am a Journalism major and I hope to be graduating this May with my AA degree. I was recently married last May and my husband and I are excited to announce that we are expecting our first child. If I can do it, so can you! I hope you all enjoy my stories.