Strong defense leads to win

The Cerritos College men’s soccer team was victorious against El Camino College 3-0 Tuesday, Oct. 8.

With physical hits and emotions against the audience and the players, this game was played with excitement, “i felt confident after the second goal, ” sophomore defender Fabian Tapia said.

He played with a sense excitement as he felt confident, along with his team.

“it was a difficult game but it was all team effort, ” Tapia said. He feels ready and mentally prepared for the next game. He feels his teammates are prepared and ready to win again.

Freshman goalkeeper Thomas Yeandle felt good winning. It was a “strong game”, but they were able to win the challenge.

“All the hard work is finally paying off,” Yeandle said. As for the result, Yeandle feels like his team is well disciplined , it works hard and desires to win to continue to be no. one.

“We’re in first place,” Head Coach Benny Artiaga said. He mentioned it was a difficult game, but the result was what he desired. Artiaga feels like his team is one great team who works well together.

“The guys played great,” Artiaga said. He feels proud of his team being strong and winning, despite it being a difficult game.

Artiaga is ready for the upcoming away game against East Los Angeles Friday, Oct. 11.

He noted the next game would be a tough one as it will be an away game, but he is sure his team will have its mind straight. Artiaga feels his team has been well trained to win this next battle.

“(We have to) keep our mind set right,” he said.

Amairani Mendez
Amairani Mendez, Arts Editor
Spring 2014 I am a Journalism major in Cerritos College, second semester on Staff. I love to Dance and go out with my friends and family on my free days. Italian food is my favorite. I have a pretty sweet tooth in where at times I want sweets better than food. I like to go out and explore the world. I love to travel to far new places. Any questions feel free to email me.