Men’s tennis team handedly win season opener

The men’s tennis team played at Mt. San Jacinto College in a non-conference match. Looking for the same result as last year the Falcons beat the Eagles 8-1.

Playing against the shorthanded Eagles, the Falcons were up by three points to zero by default due to not enough players for Mt. San Jacinto college.

The Falcons earned two points in singles, and earned one point in doubles.

The men’s tennis team only gave up one point to the Eagles as number one doubles team lost 9-7.

As for the singles games the Falcons easily grabbed the points as no singles player had an issue on the tennis court against their match-ups.

The only point where the Falcons gave up that one point to Mt. San Jacinto College was in one out of the three doubles matches they played.

As the number one on the team for both singles and doubles sophomore Amadi Kagoma.

Kagoma won his single game sets easily as he won 6-2 in the first set, and then a 6-1 in his second set.

For the next game against non-conference college Glendale, Kagoma said, “To do our best since we have been training so hard throughout the winter and, we expect to do much better at home.”

As for the number two on the singles side freshmen Antonio Torrebella-Clark, struggled in his first singles set but pulled off to win the set 7-5, and he later found his rhythm in his second set to beat his opponent 6-0.

Clark learned from his opponent that it, “Made us think we have to work harder everyday, to beat the best teams and a wake up call.”

Head Coach Alvin Kim said, “We had some good wins, I was pleased with our number two (Antonio Torrebella-Clark) the way he came back on a set.”

He added, “We are working on the mistakes we did the first game and we hope to do better.”

The next game for the Falcons is on Jan. 29 against Glendale and look to protect home court.

Christian Gonzales
Christian Gonzales, Sports Editor
Hi, my name is Christian Gonzales. This fall semester I am the Sports Editor for Talon Marks. This is my third year at Cerritos college. I enjoy talking about sports like basketball, football, tennis,and soccer. IG:ChrisG_Sports Twitter:ChrisG_Sports