Men’s tennis extend home-court dominance

The men’s tennis team played their seventh game in the season against Los Angeles Pierce Community College in a non-conference match.

The Falcons defeated LA Pierce 8-1 on Feb. 17.

Cerritos plays their next game at Saddleback College on Feb. 19 at 2 p.m.

Cerritos being the home team decided to play doubles matches first.

The Falcons looked to take advantage of LA Pierce early on as they won all three doubles matches.

Cerritos looked to give no hope to Pierce when they played the singles matches.

• Doubles no. 1 Amadi Kagoma/ Henry Ayesiga (Cerritos) defeated Manish Kumar/Carlos Besada (LA Pierce) 9-8 wining in a tiebreaker.
  • Doubles no. 2 Mark Antoniuk/ Agustin Lombardi (Cerritos) defeated Artiom Dimitriev/ Kirandev Devaraj with the score of 8-4.
  • Doubles no. 3 Mathieu David/ Milos Zoric (Cerritos) defeated Joshua Correa/ Nick Nerhulas with the score of 8-4.

Cerritos after the break looked to maintain the lead in playing singles as they had a 3-0 starting off in the game.

• Singles no.1 Amadi Kagoma defeated Dimitriev in a close game as Kagoma won 6-3, 7-6.
  • Singles no. 2 Agustin Lombardi played a close game but fell short as he lost to Kumar 3-6, 6-7 in a tiebreaker in the second set.
  • Singles no. 3 Henry Ayesiga defeated Nerhulas as he cruised on to win easily with the score of 6-0, 6-0.
  • Singles no. 4 Milos Zoric defeated Besada in a close game in the first set but settled to take control of the game as he won 6-4, 6-3.
  • Singles no. 5 Mark Antoniuk defeated Correa as he controlled the tempo of the game with the score of 6-2, 6-2.
  • Singles no. 6 Mathieu David defeated Devaraj easily won his match with the score of 6-1, 6-0.

Head Coach Alvin Kim said, “I thought we played better than we played Riverside we know we as a team we could win.”

He added, “I give myself a full year to know a player. He made adjustments the second game and played a lot better.”

Kim mentioned for next’s game against Saddleback, “We played several times in preseason and we know what to expect and we should beat them (Saddleback).”

Agustin Lombardi said, “In my singles I played a good match the first set I played a little eager and i adjusted the second set.”

He added, ” We have a very tough match playing away so we have to give our best.”

Mark Antoniuk said, “I played good and my partner Agustin we won. We will be ready for the next game.”

Milos Zoric said, ” My game today in doubles our serve was good and my backhand was working for me in my singles match with the support of my team and coach.”

Christian Gonzales
Christian Gonzales, Sports Editor
Hi, my name is Christian Gonzales. This fall semester I am the Sports Editor for Talon Marks. This is my third year at Cerritos college. I enjoy talking about sports like basketball, football, tennis,and soccer. IG:ChrisG_Sports Twitter:ChrisG_Sports