Women’s Tennis honor players

Cerritos women’s tennis players receive recognition from All-South Coast Conference.

Cerritos had a pair of singles and one doubles team in all-conference first-team, and one doubles team in second-team all-conference.

The pair of singles who received this recognition were both freshman Anastasia Khomyachenko and Taylor Heath.

Heath alongside Mariia Yatsenko also earned first-team all-conference in doubles.

Heath, an engineering major, said, “It feels great being first-team all-conference in singles, our coach Alvin Kim, works with us individually on technique and footwork,”

She added, “Doubles is more than having a great game and strategy it’s also about the chemistry Mariia and I have and the ability to communicate with each other which we do so well, she is a great partner and very clutch.”

The duo of Heath and Yatsenko finished the season with a record of 19-5.

Yatsenko, a business major, “I believe that it is a great merit of our coach Alvin Kim. Thanks to his advice, we have won a large number of matches. Also many thanks to our assistant Alisha for her support and organization.”

She added, “Taylor is the best partner of my tennis career. We’re best friends, and always find a common language on the tennis court. I hope we play together the next season again.”

The women’s tennis team had a successful season this year as a team and individually.

Head coach Alvin Kim, “They are good players in their own right and even with a conference tough as the South Coast Conference for the women I felt like they are right were they belong.”

One doubles duo also received second team all-conference Khomyachenko and sophomore Stef Flores. The duo finished the season with a 21-5 record in the season.

Christian Gonzales, Sports Editor
Hi, my name is Christian Gonzales. This fall semester I am the Sports Editor for Talon Marks. This is my third year at Cerritos college. I enjoy talking about sports like basketball, football, tennis,and soccer. IG:ChrisG_Sports Twitter:ChrisG_Sports