Cities far and wide remember Sept. 11

No one will ever forget that tragic day on Sept. 11th when the world stood still and terror was ripped through America.

Six months later, students, staff and faculty at Cerritos College held a moment of silence at the fountian in rememberance of the attack. A moment where life stood still and people reflected on that tragic day.

“The whole focus of the ceremony was peace and unity,” said Nassrin Bonyadloo, ASCC president.

“They (Associated Students of Cerritos College) wanted to show the students that they don’t support violence,” Bonyadloo said.

There has been many changes in the way America runs. The United States has upgraded security at major airports in major cities such as Los Angeles and New York and even some small ones. Cerritos College even had a faculty member, Professor Doug Haynes, a professor in Administration of Justice, that was called to active duty for the U.S Coast Guard. Haynes was stationed in Long Beach, Ca.

As many cities in the U.S. look back on Sept. 11th as a day touched their lives. Citizens of New York will never forget that day.

On Monday in New York City, citizens paid tribute to the World Trade Center by lighting 88 powerful search lights that simulate the twin towers.

The lights will be shone through the sky from the vacant lot near the towers until April 13th.

The towers were lit by 12-year-old Valerie Webb whose father was a police officer, his remains still haven’t been found.

Alicia Edquist, Staff Writer