Cerritos College offers NASA career opportunity

NASA+is+currently+offering+their+program+called+NASA+Community+College+Aerospace+Scholars%2C+which+is+open+to+community+college+students+interested+in+establishing+a+STEM+career+with+NASA.+With+engaging+activities+to+help+students+achieve+authentic+job+shadowing+opportunities+and+internships%2C+Cerritos+College+is+excited+to+introduce+the+NASA+program.+
Rawpixel
NASA is currently offering their program called NASA Community College Aerospace Scholars, which is open to community college students interested in establishing a STEM career with NASA. With engaging activities to help students achieve authentic job shadowing opportunities and internships, Cerritos College is excited to introduce the NASA program.

In addition to launching rockets, NASA has launched the NASA Community College Aerospace Scholars program, which enables students of any major to have the chance at being hired for NASA. The program consists of a variety of engaging STEM activities, with experiences ranging from a virtual campus, or on-campus (with NASA).

The NCAS program motivates and encourages students to receive a community college degree and transfer to a four-year university with a field related to NASA.

To apply to the NCAS, students interested must send forward their transcripts, a letter of recommendation, a personal statement and information about their community college.

The NASA program consists of three different sections called Mission One, Mission Two and Mission Three. Each section helps students enhance their talent and passion towards becoming a STEM professional.

Mission One begins with learning more about NASA missions and research via a self-paced program online. Guidance and support from trained professional instructors as well as quizzes will be involved on the platform.

After receiving an invitation to Mission Two, scholars will then participate in an engineering design challenge as they work in a STEM environment. Collaboration with like-minded students will also help establish powerful connections (according to NASA).

Lastly, Mission Three enables students successfully be able to do things like receive exposure to certain universities and have the chance to job shadow professionals. The NCAS at NASA in this last phase will be able to contribute to real missions by using their problem-solving skills.

Cerritos College invites students that are US citizens to partake in this engaging activity which can broaden their horizons for their careers. Ranging from multimedia content to face-to-face activities, NCAS aims to create an authentic atmosphere for students to take their talents to the next level.

According to Cerritos College students who have participated in the NCAS, the program has helped them take part in team-building activities, helped them discover their interests and increased their drive to learn more.

Students in the YouTube video also expressed how the program helped them find what specific major they enjoy and are passionate about. The program also enabled them to discover new interests they weren’t even aware of before joining it.

For more information about Cerritos College’s offer hosted by Nasa, click the link here. It’s recommended to register for the Zoom information sessions in advance (which will take place on March 12 at 5 p.m. and Apr. 2 at 6 p.m.).

Further details about the NCAS program will be on the official NASA website.

Fatima Durrani
Fatima Durrani, Opinion Editor
Fatima Durrani is the Opinion Editor & c0-online editor for Talon Marks. She is a Journalism major for Pre-law, and this is her last semester at Talon Mark before she transfers to a university. In addition to reporting, Fatima enjoys singing, editing photos, creating short films and reading poetry.