Voice of the People: Should Christmas music be played before or after Thanksgiving?

Community members give their thoughts on whether they think Christmas music should be played before or after Thanksgiving.
Alfonso+Campos+assistant+manager+at+Whole+Foods+in+Long+Beach.+
Joel Carpio
Alfonso Campos assistant manager at Whole Foods in Long Beach.

Alfonso Campos, Assistant Manager of Whole Foods in Long Beach

“I think Christmas music should be played after Thanksgiving, because Thanksgiving is it’s own holiday itself already so why are you going to interrupt a different holiday with a holiday that’s a month from now.”

Felicia Lipscomb, employee of Amazon Returns in Long Beach. (Joel Carpio)

Felicia Lipscomb, employee of Amazon Returns in Long Beach

“After Thanksgiving, and let me tell you why, first of all in November a lot of people are still just getting rid of stuff for Halloween, you know what I’m saying, and you still have Thanksgiving stuff up, I know a lot of people think it should be played year round but I think it should be played after Thanksgiving.”

Ulysses Diaz, Santa Monica College student visiting Cerritos College. (Joel Carpio)

Ulysses Diaz, Santa Monica College student

“Probably after, I mean they already have like Christmas decorations they had it before Halloween and I mean I think that’s absurd, like just wait bro, like chill. I think after cause like I don’t know I feel like it would just be more fitting cause they’re two separate holidays.”

R Quirarte, Studio Arts major at Cerritos College (Joel Carpio)

R Quirarte, Studio Arts

“I feel like if it’s too far before it kills like the vibe by the time you actually get to Christmas, but afterwards maybe you don’t have enough time to like relish it”

Joel Carpio
Joel Carpio, Managing Editor
Joel Carpio is the Managing, Co-Sports, & Co-Social Media Editor for Talon Marks, he enjoys playing sports, listening to music, and is an avid fan of the Dodgers, Lakers, Rams, Kings, and LAFC. He is planning on transferring to San Diego State University and earn his bachelors degree in Journalism. In the future he wants to be a sports broadcaster.