Robbery in the ring: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady ends in dissatisfaction

One of the worlds most anticipated fights for more than two years ended in a robbery.

Saul “Canelo” Alvarez vs Gennady “GGG” Golovkin was nothing short of the expectations of two middleweight titans.

In the beginning rounds Golovkin looked a bit scared to drive in and Canelo looked to have a calm, cool and collected mind.

There was no doubt that in the beginning rounds Canelo was giving the undefeated Champion, Golovkin, a hard time.

As the middle rounds were approaching Golovkin looked to have been on hunting mode because Canelo was moving and sliding down to the ropes.

When the final rounds were taking place it seemed as Canelo tried to desperately gain the upper hand, however Golovkin did not seem to back down and constantly kept Canelo on the ropes.

It was a great fight that boxing fans all around the world have wanted to see.

Both fighters exchanged blows at certain times with neither one looking to give up.

The end result was the most shocking because it was a draw between two great fighters who left everything they had on the ring.

Both fighters have said they want a rematch, and shortly after Golden Boy Promotion’s Oscar de la Hoya announced that because Canelo has a contractual immediate rematch clause where he intends to set up another fight in 2018.

Immediately after the fight, Twitter reacted to a very controversial call by one of the judges.

Judge Adelaide Byrd gave only two of the twelve rounds in favor of Golovkin as opposed to her colleagues who seemed to have the score very tightly.

Judge Don Trella believed it was an even fight and gave it a draw, Dave Moretti gave seven rounds to Golovin and five rounds to Canelo, but it was Byrd’s controversial decision of giving Canelo ten out of twelve rounds that made the public react.

Golovkin was robbed of a victory seeing as he was the aggressor and because he landed more hits.

If Canelo would have knocked Golovkin out in one of the last rounds, he could have taken home the victory.

This fight will definitely be a major turn for both of these competitors because Golovkin is only getting older, and younger fighters want a chance for titles and fame.

Younger boxers are lining up to fight Golovkin and if anyone can finally bring him a loss, it would make a major move in their career.

Finding a victory is hard, but to take one of his belts will seem to be the hardest challenge.

Both competitors gave everything they had but Golovkin just might have been robbed out of his win.

Jocelyn Torralba
Jocelyn Torralba, Production Manager
Hello there ! My name is Jocelyn Torralba and I am 20 years old. Production Manager in Talon Marks. I was born in Lynwood, California and I graduated from Alliance Collins High School in 2014. I am a junior at Cerritos College, my major is journalism. I hope to transfer to CSU Fullerton next year. Ever since I was a little girl I used to love being the center of attention and always be in in front of the camera. My dream is to become a tv host in one of my favorite celebrity entertainment shows and show the world my passion for broadcasting.