Women’s Volleyball lose a close game

The Women’s Volleyball team played against Riverside City College Tigers on Thursday, Sept. 14 in the closest game of the season, losing 3 – 2.

In the first set, the Falcons fell behind by nine points, ending 16-25. However, the team started to work together and grew stronger by the end of the second set, winning 25-23.

The Falcons had a rough start during the third set, but managed to take the lead by eight points, ending the set 25-17. In the fourth set, the Falcons ended with a narrow loss, 25-21.

The fifth and final set of the game, the Falcons gave it their all as the schools tied almost every other score, ending with three points away from breaking their streak, 12-15.

Freshman Cecilia Burroughs stated that by the fourth set, the team was determined to break their streak of the season.

“We really wanted it,” Burroughs said. “We put our hearts and pride into this game.”

Coach Pestolesi explained that although the outcome was not what she had hoped, it was the best the team has played since the beginning of the season.

She also added the team experimented with different line-ups prior to the game.

“I think that this is probably our strongest line-up,” she said, “and we will continue with what we have.”

Sophomore Daisy Segura also agreed with her coach’s opinion of the game.

“It was way better than our last games,” stated Segura. “It wasn’t sloppy like some of the past games.”

She also expressed that it was cool to see which line-ups work and figure out what needs to be re-worked in order to make the team stronger.

The Falcons continue the season with their record of 0-6. Their next game will be against West Valley who currently holds a record of 6-3.

IMG_4943.JPG
Falcons' middle blocker Bianca Smith No.7 spiking the ball against Riverside.
The Falcons lost 3-2. Photo credit: David Jenkins

Carlos Martinez
Carlos Martinez, College Life Editor
Carlos Martinez Jr. is the College Life editor at TalonMarks. He is a Journalism major as well as doing some drawing and designs as a hobby. His goal is to get more involved in the media as a reporter and an editor.