FSZ: What is your favorite book right now?

“Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi is my favorite book right now. It really gives a lot of details and makes you wonder very much.” Photo credit: Alvaro Bayona
Jomar Chua
Nursing major Jomar Chua said, "My favorite book right now is Rise of the Black Wolf by Derek Benz. I enjoy it a lot because it's really action-packed and gives such a great story at the same time." Photo credit: Alvaro Bayona

Nursing major Jomar Chua said, “My favorite book right now is Rise of the Black Wolf by Derek Benz. I enjoy it a lot because it’s really action-packed and gives such a great story at the same time.”

Denise Armates
Women studies major Demise Armates said, "The brief life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz is my favorite book right now because it's very interesting and keeps me excited to read." Photo credit: Alvaro Bayona

Women studies major Denise Armates said, “The brief life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz is my favorite book right now because it’s very interesting and keeps me excited to read.

Yousef Jazayri
Undecided major Yousef Jazayri said, "For now, my favorite book is Beauty of the Witch because it was fun and felt very different than what I'll normally read." Photo credit: Alvaro Bayona

Undecided major Yousef Jazayri said, “For now, my favorite book is Beauty of the Witch because it was fun and felt very different than what I’ll normally read.”

Terrell Starkey
"Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi is my favorite book right now. It really gives a lot of details and makes you wonder very much." Photo credit: Alvaro Bayona

Undecided Major Terrell Starkey, “Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi is my favorite book right now. It really gives a lot of details and makes you wonder very much.”

Karen Hernandez
Psychology major Karen Hernandez, "My favorite book right now is Beauty of the Witch by Alvaro Bayona. I enjoy it very much because it was interesting to read and had a nice plot. Photo credit: Alvaro Bayona

Psychology major Karen Hernandez, “My favorite book right now is Beauty of the Witch by Alvaro Bayona. I enjoy it very much because it was interesting to read and had a nice plot.

Alvaro Bayona
Alvaro Bayona, Staff Writer
Alvaro Bayona is a student at Cerritos College. He is a full-time student and works for Talon Marks as a Journalist and enjoys it so far. An interesting fact about Alvaro is that he also holds the title of "Author." Since he was 19, Alvaro has self-written over two fictional books. You can find him Facebook to catch up on his stories. Alvaro is currently hoping to transfer to Cal State Long Beach, where he'll earn his Bachelor's degree in Creative Writing. When he's not at school, Alvaro likes to attend to his hobbies. He loves to read books about many topics such as history and comic books. He also loves to sit down and writes more interesting tales that come up his mind. Feel free to learn more about Alvaro as he continues to write for the school newspaper for Talon Marks.