Women’s volleyball struggled against Irvine Valley

The Falcon’s volleyball team faced Irvine Valley College on Wednesday Sept.6 and came out with another loss. Losing all three sets.

During the first set, the Falcons came short of 10 points, ending the set 25-15. The second set ended 25-10 and the third was a repeat of the second set ending with the same score 25-10.

“We were just over-matched,” Kari Pestolesi, head coach of the volleyball team.

She continued “Irvine Valley is a really big physical team. They have a ton of experienced players- it was very obvious.”

Coach Pestolesi went on to say that Irvine Valley might have a chance to go on to state this year.

Sophomore Daisy Segura echoed the same sentiments her coach did about the size of their opponents. “I liked playing against them […] they were a taller team, bigger stature, more experienced. They looked like the typical volleyball player” she said.

Segura believed that their offense was a bit of struggle in their match against Irvine Valley. She said “We couldn’t get the ball over and score a point. The defense were okay.”

She critiqued herself with how she can do better in the next match, “Some things that I would like to work on as a libero would be getting the setter off the net. I pass my balls a little too tight and she’s not a six-foot setter so I need to pass it off.”

Segura said that her serving can get a little better and that at practice she does better when serving but in games she said they’re “weak.”

The Falcons are going through the season with a current record of 0-5, upon their latest lost. Their next game will be here at home against Riverside at 5.p.m on Sept.13.

Riverside’s volleyball team will be walking into Falcon territory of a record of 3-2. Will the Falcons make that 3-3 and pick up their first victory?

David Jenkins
David Jenkins, Editor in Chief