Los Angeles Rams win Super Bowl 2022

INGLEWOOD, CALIFORNIA - FEBRUARY 13: Andrew Whitworth #77 of the Los Angeles Rams celebrates after Super Bowl LVI at SoFi Stadium on February 13, 2022 in Inglewood, California. The Los Angeles Rams defeated the Cincinnati Bengals 23-20.  (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
Getty Images
INGLEWOOD, CALIFORNIA – FEBRUARY 13: Andrew Whitworth #77 of the Los Angeles Rams celebrates after Super Bowl LVI at SoFi Stadium on February 13, 2022 in Inglewood, California. The Los Angeles Rams defeated the Cincinnati Bengals 23-20. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

The Los Angeles Rams are Super Bowl champions after defeating the Cincinnati Bengals 23-20. All those traded draft picks the Rams made paid off.

Rams D-lineman Aaron Donald seals the win late in the Fourth quarter forcing Bengals quarterback, Joe Burrow to toss the ball up in efforts to keep their hopes alive.

It was unsuccessful as the ball would be incomplete intended for Bengals running back, Samaje Perine on fourth and one.

Rams wide receiver, Cooper Kupp secured Super Bowl MVP after catching the game leading TD on a goal line fade from Stafford.

INGLEWOOD, CALIFORNIA – FEBRUARY 13: Cooper Kupp #10 of the Los Angeles Rams celebrates after Super Bowl LVI at SoFi Stadium on February 13, 2022 in Inglewood, California. The Los Angeles Rams defeated the Cincinnati Bengals 23-20. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images) (Getty Images)

Kupp caught eight passes, for 92-yards, and two TD’s and converting a crucial Fourth down on a sweep to Kupp that kept the Rams alive.

Kupp has arguably had the greatest season ever recorded by a receiver after winning the OPTY award for leading the league in TD receptions, receiving yards, and receptions.

Stafford who the Rams traded for back in 2021, proved to be the solution to the Rams offensive struggles last season.

Cincinnati came out swinging in the second half of the game after scoring on a controversial no call penalty on the first offensive play of the half.

For what would have been offensive pass interference after Bengals receiver, Tee Higgins grabbed Rams cornerback, Jalen Ramsey face mask as he fell down looking for a flag from the officials.

Stafford would throw an interception after the ball slipped out of Kupp’s hands and popped up into the air and picked off by defensive back, Chidobe Awuzie.

Defense turned up as the Rams defensive front forced pressure on Burrow and the Bengals unmatched O-line.

Burrow was sacked seven times for a total loss of 43-yards. Rams outside linebacker Von Miller and Donald both recorded 2 sacks and 3 total hit on the quarterback.

The Rams defense shutout the Bengals for the entire Fourth quarter as Burrow was held to 22 completed passes for 263-yards and one TD in the ball game.

Stafford completed 26 passes on 40 attempts for 283-yards, three TD’s and two interceptions. Despite have limping off the field late in the game after being sacked Stafford finished the game strong.

Burrow who came off the field after being sacked for the seventh time in game in the fourth quarter toughened it out as he stayed in the game for the Bengals offense despite being in pain.

Rams wide receiver, Odell Beckham Jr. caught two passes for 52-yards and the games first TD got injured as he tore his ACL late in the second quarter.

Beckham Jr. was very emotional on the sidelines throughout the game as he unsuited his gear watching his team struggle offensively without him on the field.

Both teams run games were struggling to move the ball throughout the game as both defenses held each team to less than 100 rushing yards.

The city of Los Angeles celebrated throughout the night to see their team bring home a championship to LA following behind the Lakers and Dodgers in 2020.

Roman Acosta
Roman Acosta, Sports Editor
Roman Acosta is the Sports Editor for Talon Marks, This will be Roman’s second semester on the Talon Marks Staff. Roman is also an assistant football coach at John Glenn High School (Norwalk CA) as well as a sports photographer who is a Journalism Major. Roman is a fan of Marvel/DC movies and comics. Roman enjoys watching Baseball, Football and other highly competitive sports. Roman would be interested in becoming a sports photographer or journalist in his future.