Gordita Eateries: Pancakes and mimosas galore at Eat This Cafe

Rebecca Aguila
A short stack of blueberry chocolate pancakes topped with mini-chocolate chips and a light drizzle of powdered sugar. A dollop of house butter is cushioned at the center of the delectable stack of warm pancakes.

Eat This Cafe is taking on everyone’s favorite time of the day to eat either lunch or breakfast by providing seasonal sandwiches, salads, and A La Carte dishes. Also, for those who are 21+ years old, the bottomless mimosas are a thing to try on a warm Sunday morning.

As many restaurants begin to enthusiastically open and expand the indoor to outdoor dining, many customers find themselves having plenty of time to catch brunch at this little but mighty cafe in Los Angeles off of Santa Monica Blvd.

This place gets packed pretty fast so it’s always recommended to either be one of the first groups there when the cafe opens or making a reservation on their website.

One of the dishes to devour is their stacked buttermilk pancakes served with seasonal fruit and warm maple syrup in a cute little server. This breakfast masterpiece is bonded with mini-chocolate chips with a light shower of powdered sugar. This gives it that French beignet finished look that is Instagram worthy.

I ordered blueberries and chocolate chips with my pancakes and honestly, I’ve had my share of numerous pancakes stacks on my list but these were like no other pancakes I’ve ever had. A stack like this can be only enjoyed by those who are up for a delicious fluffy challenge.

These pancakes are golden brown on the outside but fluffy and fragrant on the inside which calls for a well-deserved toast to the chef and owner with cold tall bubbly glasses of mimosa.

Cheers for making this gordita very jolly with her order of pancakes!

The next dish is calling all omelet lovers! Yes, they even have an omelet selection that looks as if the add-ons are limitless! All the toppings and add-ons that every omelet-lover desires at a restaurant! No restrictions whatsoever and the waiter will give you not one ounce of judgment because they too know how delicious the food is.

A buttery omelet filled with 5+ toppings garnished with dried parsley flakes. Eat This cafe is worth the drive on the 101 freeway. (Rebecca Aguila)

I have to give major credit to whoever made our omelet because my partner gave them a plentiful amount of ingredients to stuff this buttery-eggy delight. Served on the side was homestyle potatoes with spicy ketchup on the side. The spicy ketchup was something I didn’t expect but it paired really nicely with the homestyle potatoes seasoning.

Overall, the food was delicious and almost anyone who comes here to dine is in for a real treat. You’ll definitely walk away exceedingly content by the food and service by the staff members. It’s always a pleasure to not only get amazing food but well-hearted treatment by the people who work there.

Due to COVID and the current social-distance order, their brunch menu is now available digitally and can be downloaded through your phone on their website.

Rebecca Aguila, Multimedia Editor
Rebecca Aguila is the currently Multi-media editor and is a 22-year-old student who is majoring Journalism who is set to graduate Spring 2021. Her dream is to create a multi-media production company that is internationally available for an array of content creators. She is a lover of all types of food and will eventually be the creator and producer of food documentary series that highlights the authentic dishes throughout the world.