New bill being presented by ASCC that will benefit WPMD’s own

Talon Marks Online News
Talon Marks Online News

Talon Marks Online News

There is a new bill that is up for proposal that will only let DJ’s from WPMD do events for ASCC at Cerritos College. This bill will not allow DJ’s from outside of Cerritos take part in events that take place in Cerritos.

Julian Del Real-Calleros, ASCC Vice President, talked about how the bill benefits WPMD, “This proposition will fund the WPMD department, it will help get WPMD better equipment that they really need.”

Normally the average cost to hire a DJ is around $50 an hour, to hire professional Djs might run up to $150 an hour.

Del Real-Calleros commented on how the proposition benefits for Cerritos and WPMD dj’s, “This bill will also help save money for the campus and give a chance for our DJs to do events.”

WPMD’s Club President Jaime Rob Flores talks about one of the main benefits from the proposition,”These DJs will have a younger demographic and will relate more with students because it will be Cerritos’ own students that will be the DJs.”

Gilberto Aquino also known as DJ Demo commented on how this will benefit WPMD, “It will help DJs from WPMD get experience and get an opportunity to showcase their talent.”

Child Devolpment major Shemere Hunter gave her opinion about the proposition, “It is good because our students should just work with our students and no one else.”

The proposition will be up for approval in the senate meeting on Mar. 14.

Luis Guzman
Luis Guzman, Managing Multimedia Editor
Fall 2014 Hey guys and gals, my name is Luis Guzman. I am journalism student at Cerritos College, I’ve been going there for about three years now. I have been involved with Talon Marks, the newspaper for Cerritos College, for five semesters. I have done mostly everything there is to do in Talon Marks; covering breaking news, page design, video production, podcast production, and photography. I like to read in my off time, mostly books about science fiction and horror. I also like to write fiction of my own, mostly poetry and short fiction. The career I have in mind would involve anything that has to do with creative writing and maybe writing some articles for newspapers here and there.