Importance of keeping pets healthy

A large breed black and brown dog sits up tall on an exam table while on a visit to the Veterinarian.  He is facing the female Veterinarian of African decent as she pets him and attempts to make him feel comfortable before beginning the exam.
Getty Images
A large breed black and brown dog sits up tall on an exam table while on a visit to the Veterinarian. He is facing the female Veterinarian of African decent as she pets him and attempts to make him feel comfortable before beginning the exam.

If you have a pet, then you know just how important they are to you. They can be emotional support for you in troubling times, and for many they become your best-friend.

Snuggling up, playing with our furry friends is the best, but making sure they are healthy both physically and mentally is what matters. It’s only recently that studies show the benefits of keeping our pets healthy and happy.

Pets, especially dogs and cats, can help with stress, anxiety and even depression. They help their owners with their playfulness, love and comfort.

With all of this in mind, you probably know how important their health is- although many don’t know just how important it really is.

Making sure you are maintaining your pets health is vital for so many reasons.

Alexia Naranjo

Why is keeping track of your pets care important? Here is just a few reasons on why a healthy pet makes for a better life.

Reduces Veterinary visits and costs. Taking your pet to the vet is highly recommended and should not bet ignored. Vaccination shots and check-ups should be taken when needed.

Depending on the type of pet you have will determine how often they need their check-ups. For example, dogs and cats will need one check up per year after turning one.

With doing this check up pets will get a full physical exam checking for anything that can be a red flag.

Now when it comes to their vaccinations after receiving their first shots when being born, they should be taken in for updated shots every three year depending on the type of vaccination.

We all know, when it comes to these check-ups and vaccinations it isn’t cheap. Which is why taking them when needed is important.

When you take them the time needed, it will cost you but it won’t cost you as much as it will if you were to lag on it and get everything at once and late.

If you wanna save money take them when needed.

Keeping up with the health of your pet can be hard due to the fact they can’t tell you when something is wrong and what they are feeling.

Paying attention to your pets actions plays a big part. If you see your pet is acting a bit different, pay attention to those signs.

Walking your pets and making sure they get their daily exercise is just as important. Taking them on walks will lower blood levels and make their bones and muscles stronger. Photo credit: Alexia Naranjo (Alexia)

There is so much that can be avoided for these troublesome visits by just keeping up on the small needs of your pet.

Keeping pets physically healthy will not only benefit you but will also benefit them for a better and healthy life.

Nothing is better than the joy of going home to your loyal best-friend. The endless love your pet will provide is all worth it at the end of the day.

Just how you count on your pet to put a smile on your face, and to give you endless love. They expect the same and possibly even more from you.

They count on their owners to provide a safe and loving home, to love and protect them at all cost.

So keep in mind, a healthy pet is a happy pet.

Alexia Naranjo
Alexia Naranjo, Staff Writer
Alexia Naranjo is a staff writer for Talon Marks covering Arts and Entertainment, Life and Opinion. Alexia is a Journalism major and is currently enrolled in her last semester at Cerritos before transferring to Cal State. Other than covering stories Alexia enjoys taking photographs of landscapes to capture the beauty of our city and surrounding areas, going to the beach and spending time with her loved ones.