Women’s water polo looking to make a comeback

The season for the women’s water polo team has started and continued on a rocky road to success.

Out of its last six games, the team have only won one game in the month of October, most of the games have been within striking distance.

Head coach Sergio Macias says the team being young and inexperienced might be the issue, “We are also playing a lot of good competition and altogether we’re hoping it prepares us for the conference tournament.”

Even though the team is not succeeding Macias said, “I think overall our team has improved, I think we struggle in tough situations, but that’s due to lack of experience.”

Sophomore Amanda Rabb, who has had 102 blocks all season said, “We had some rough days, some of our key players played a rough game and sometimes multiple players have rough days on the same days.”

Looking ahead for the rest of the season, the team wants to end on a good note to make for a great offseason, but the rest of the season will not be easy as the team looks ahead to play Pasadena City on Wednesday, Oct. 21.

Rabb said, “Last year we played them two times and let them get to us, in order for us to win we need to come out strong and get an early lead and play our game not theirs.”

Sophomore Lucila Davies thinks her team has a great chance of winning, “I think from what I’ve heard so far we are pretty even at the same level and I think we have a good shot of winning.”

Macias thinks this game would be a great chance to prepare for the Battle of the beach tournament on Oct. 23.

He said, “It is an opportunity for us to win and to prepare for this weekends tournament where we will be playing some of the top teams in the state.”

Toni Reveles
Toni Reveles, Staff Writer
Hey my name is Toni Reveles, I'm 22 years old and I'm a journalism major. I love to write, my main passion to write about is sports and music. I love Basketball (Lakers) and Football (Raiders). I hope to be the next Erin Andrews and work for a television or radio station that covers sports and music. Hopefully you readers enjoy my stories!