Pansa Llena: Don Francisco’s is CUBAlicious

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cuban cuisine restaurant Don Francisco features a simple menu with sandwiches, pastries, coffee and has a reasonable pricing for great quality food.

541 S Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90013
Rating: 5/5

Cuban cuisine restaurant Don Francisco features a simple menu with sandwiches, pastries, coffee and has a reasonable pricing for great quality food. 541 S Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90013 Rating: 5/5

TM Marilyn Parra

TM Marilyn Parra

TM Marilyn Parra

Marilyn Parra, Co-Online Editor

¡Hola Pancitas!

Coffee and Cuban food, two things that go perfectly together. Don Francisco’s Coffee, Casa Cubana is a must when in LA.

The menu is simple, sandwiches, pastries, coffee and the pricing is reasonable for great quality food.

Located in the heart of LA on South, Spring Street, Don Francisco’s is inside a mini food court, surrounded by many other great restaurants.

They open at 7 a.m. and close at 4 p.m. everyday. Take advantage of arriving early to enjoy the restaurants beautiful interior with a cup of cafe con leche.

After trying their coffee, Starbucks is out of the picture. It is the perfect mixture of sweet and strong served in a medium-sized cup.

Their classic Cubano sandwich is served with fried plantain chips and it the perfect portion size for lunch. It is fresh, warm and toasty, most cubano sandwiches have too much mustard, cheese or meat but Don Franciscos’s makes it perfect.

Not only do they serve lunch, they also serve breakfast. Some of their popular breakfast dishes will be the, “Df breakfast sandwich” served with chorizo, ham, cheese, garlic and onions in-between a buttered cuban bun.

Pork and plantain hash is also very filling and comes with pork, sweet plantains, potato, onion, and egg served on a cuban bun.

The interior and exterior are beautiful. Simplicity does go a long way, the doors are clear glass and the walls are all white with black tile. There really is a Spanish felt this mini-restaurant.

Towards the back there is a small lounge area with low chairs and a round coffee table making it the perfect place to study or read a book. One unexpected feature that was appreciated is the beautiful wallpaper with little Guacamaya birds inside the restroom.

They takes both cash and card, but it is highly recorded you bring cash to pay for parking since it is located in the middle of LA.

Don Francisco’s Coffee, Casa Cubana is a great place to stop by and each breakfast and lunch, this place truly will make pansas llena and corazons contentos.

Marilyn Parra, Co-Online Editor

Marilyn Parra is a communications major at Cerritos College and is now the Co-Online/Social media editor at Talon Marks. Marilyn would love to work for...