Adventureful return for Girl Scouts

Clarissa Arceo
Girl Scouts are excited to be back and sell everyone’s favorite cookies after COVID-19 causes a hindrance to their connection to the community. Courtesy of: Marcella Barba-Olmos

As Girl Scouts are preparing to knock on your door and catch your eye after shopping for groceries, a new cookie called adventurefuls is making its debut on the 2022 cookie line-up.

Alongside the classic favorites including do-si-dos, samoas, thin mints and trefoils, Girl Scouts across the country will begin introducing their newest cookie to their sales pitch – adventurefuls.

Adventurefuls are brownie-inspired cookies filled with a caramel flavored creme, a hint of sea salt and a chocolate drizzle on top.

Doty Middle School student, Jocelyn Pena, said that she is excited to support her local Girl Scouts this season.

“My friend is a Girl Scout and I always look forward to helping her,” Pena said. “My favorite cookies are thin mints but I’m excited to try the new adventurefuls because I also love brownies.”

The cookie funds go into support Girl Scout troops, fueling and subsidizing their learning activities ranging from camping trips to troop resources, to STEM projects and more.

According to the Girl Scouts official website, net proceeds from sales stay local and fund outdoor experiences, travels, and community projects.

Jackeline Vallejos, Girl Scout mom and Insurance agent, said that her daughter is excited to be able to sell cookies and be back on her feet with her friends again.

“My daughter is ecstatic to be able to sell cookies door-to-door this year and communicate with people. We can’t wait to start doing regular Girl Scout activities again soon,” said Vallejos.

This year, cookie lovers of all ages have the option to purchase their $5 boxes in person at local booths or order their treats to be shipped or delivered straight to their homes.

Many Girl Scout family and friends are posting links to their troop’s fundraiser on various social media platforms like Facebook, promoting the start of the sweetest season of the year and encouraging the community to support their local Girl Scouts.

Girl Scout cookie season is back and ready for an adventureful return to grocery stores and local businesses with their newest cookie.
Girl Scout cookie season is back and ready for an adventureful return to grocery stores and local businesses with their newest cookie. Photo credit: Clarissa Arceo

If you know a Girl Scout, you are encouraged to reach out directly to see how her troop is handling sales this year, or visit https://www.girlscouts.org/ for more information.

Girl Scout cookie season officially begins online and door-to-door sales on Sunday, Jan. 23 and will conduct in-person booth sales at chain stores and/or local businesses on Monday, Jan. 31.

Beginning Feb. 11, Girl Scout troops will officially be located outside both Stater Bros locations in Norwalk, 11300 Firestone Blvd and 12523 Alondra Blvd.

Operation times for each locations’ booths are subject to change but will typically run from around 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.. Official times for each date troops will be present can be found on the official Girl Scouts Cookie Finder.

Be on the lookout for sashes and wagons full of cookie boxes!

Clarissa Arceo
Clarissa Arceo, Community Editor
Clarissa Arceo is Community Editor for Talon Marks covering community news, Life, and arts & entertainment. She is a Journalism major transferring to a 4-year university in the Fall. Aside from reporting, Arceo enjoys photographing community events, reading contemporary romance and psychological fiction novels, and taking trips to the beach.