California Adventure holds food & wine event while enforcing safety guidelines

While+all+rides+are+closed+at+California+Adventure+Park%2C+local+residents+came+to+enjoy+the+variety+of+foods+and+wine+during+their+Touch+of+Disney+event.+Hundreds+of+people+visit+the+park+and+obey+COVID-19+safety+guidelines+on+April+16%2C+2021.+
Lola Ajetunmobi
While all rides are closed at California Adventure Park, local residents came to enjoy the variety of foods and wine during their “Touch of Disney” event. Hundreds of people visit the park and obey COVID-19 safety guidelines on April 16, 2021.

Due to COVID-19 safety guidelines, the rides at Disney’s California Adventure Park are still closed to the public. However, lovers of the magical theme park can still shop, eat and enjoy the atmosphere in the park’s new, limited-capacity ticketed event, “A Touch of Disney.”

California Adventure Park lovers get to enjoy the nostalgia of returning to the most magical place on Earth and indulge in unique cuisine located across the park. Some of the restaurants were exclusive to the event.

"Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo" served their "Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider" to attendees of the "Touch of Disney" event at California Adventure Park on April 16, 2021. Everyone in attendance was required to social distance and wear a face mask at all times.
“Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo” serves their “Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider” to attendees of the “Touch of Disney” event at California Adventure Park on April 16, 2021. Everyone in attendance is required to social distance and wear a face mask at all times. Photo credit: Lola Ajetunmobi

The restaurant “Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo” is located in “Paradise Gardens Park.” One of their main specials is the “Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider,” an $8.50 burger.

Inside the burger is a beef patty with pickled onions, lettuce and juicy spices.

The burger was terrific, with each ingredient having a rich-tasting sensation. The only problem with the dish was the size of the burger.

"Uncork California" served their "California Artisan Cheese Plate" during the "Touch of Disney" event at California Adventure Park on April 16, 2021. All ingredients in the meal blended together perfectly.
“Uncork California” serves their “California Artisan Cheese Plate” during the “Touch of Disney” event at California Adventure Park on April 16, 2021. All attendees of the event maintain social distancing and wear masks at all times. Photo credit: Lola Ajetunmobi

The second marketplace in “Paradise Gardens Park” was “Uncork California,” which served their signature “California Artisan Cheese Plate” for $8.50. They also served assorted wines and mimosas.

The cheese plate included swiss and cabernet cheddar cheese, water crackers, fresh grapes, dried apricots and walnuts. Each food blended well together, with each item complimenting the other. However, the plate continued the pattern of small portions for a hefty price.

“California Craft Brews” serves their pizza egg rolls during the “Touch of Disney” event on April 16, 2021. The portions are small for the hefty price. (Vincent Medina)

The “California Craft Brews,” located in “Pacific Wharf,” is one of many marketplaces to sell a multitude of assorted crafted beers. It’s also home to the “Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls,” which were $7 for a serving of two egg rolls.

The egg roll tasted like a small pizza with red sauce, cheese and pepperoni, wrapped into a small, crunchy egg roll. Combining multiple ingredients makes the dish’s flavor stand out from other restaurants at the park.

"LA Style" served their "Pork Belly Banh MI" sandwich on April 16, 2021. They served their sandwich during the "Touch of Disney" event at California Adventure Park.
“LA Style” serves their “Pork Belly Banh MI” sandwich on April 16, 2021. They serve their sandwich during the “Touch of Disney” event at California Adventure Park. Photo credit: Vincent Medina

The next marketplace located in “Pacific Wharf” is “LA-Style,” which served their signature “Pork Belly Banh Mi” sandwich. It was one of the most delicious meals during the event, for a reasonable price of $8.

The multitude of delicious ingredients such as carrots, cheese and mayonnaise, complemented by the juicy pork and soft buns, make a perfect combination of flavors.

California Adventure Park&squot;s Touch of Disney event served delicious finger foods. The "Golden Dreams" located in "Grilzzy Park" offers "sweet n&squot; spicy wings" and a side of sweet dipping sauce with "Carbonara Mac & Cheese with Nueske&squot;s Bacon" on April 16, 2021.
California Adventure Park’s Touch of Disney event serves delicious finger foods. The “Golden Dreams” located in “Grilzzy Park” offers “sweet n’ spicy wings” and a side of sweet dipping sauce with “Carbonara Mac & Cheese with Nueske’s Bacon” on April 16, 2021. Photo credit: Lola Ajetunmobi

The “Golden Dreams” restaurant, located in “Grizzly Peak,” served their own unique items such as the “sweet n’ spicy wings,” for $7.50, and their “carbonara mac n’ cheese with Nueske’s bacon,” for $8.

The five mild spicy, tangy wings were crispy on the outside and juicy in the middle, with a sweet dipping sauce on the side. The mac n’ cheese was very creamy, and the salty bacon on top was an excellent compliment. While the meal was delicious, the price does not equate to the small portions of the dish.

"D-lish" marketplace prepares their "Very Very Berry Mickey Waffle" at the California Adventure Park on April 16, 2021. The marketplace serves the waffle during the "Touch of Disney" event.
“D-lish” marketplace prepares their “Very Very Berry Mickey Waffle” at the California Adventure Park on April 16, 2021. The marketplace serves the waffle during the “Touch of Disney” event. Photo credit: Vincent Medina

The “D-lish” marketplace is located in “Buena Vista Street,” near the construction of the new “Avengers Campus” set to open in June. One of their specials includes their famous “Very Very Berry Mickey Waffle,” for $6.50.

The waffle was served with berry jam and whipped cream, with a crispy outside and a soft, buttery inside. The meal was also tiny for its price.

Attendees enjoyed delicious food and took pictures with their favorite Disney characters from a safe, six-foot distance. Disney characters such as Mickey, Goofy and Max, Daffy Duck, Chip n’ Dale and Mr. Incredible were spotted waving hello to the park attendees from afar.

The event gave park attendees a unique and healthy environment. It showed that Disney is ready to reopen the park by enforcing social distancing and masks at all times.

California Adventure Park hosts another day of the Touch of Disney ticketed event. Hundreds of people wait in line to enter inside the park on April 19.
California Adventure Park hosts another day of the” Touch of Disney” ticketed event. Hundreds of people wait in line to enter the park on April 19, 2021. Photo credit: Lola Ajetunmobi

Oscar Torres, Co-Arts and Entertainment Editor
Oscar Torres is one of the Co-Arts & Entertainment editors here in Cerritos college. He’s been wanting to study journalism since high school and since then he’s been working hard to continue his goal. He enjoys all things entertainment from manga, film, shows/cartoons, music and video games. Oscar hopes to transfer to CSULA to continue his career in journalism in hope of one day working in a news group that he is passionate about or starting his own brand for all things entertainment.
Vincent Medina, Managing Editor
Vincent Medina is the managing editor of Cerritos College Talon Marks Newspaper. He plans to receive his Associates Degree for Transfer at the end of Fall ‘21 semester. Vincent plans to pursue political journalism, and his goal is to become a political correspondent.
Lola Ajetunmobi, Social Media Editor
Lola Ajetunmobi, sophomore at Cerritos College, is the Social Media Editor for Talon Marks covering community, life, arts & entertainment and opinions. Lola hopes to transfer to Syracuse University in Fall 2021 to double major in journalism and public relations. She enjoys writing, listening to music and exploring different foods.