God of War takes gamers back to the beginning

God+of+War%3A+Ascension+takes+gamers+back+to+the+beginning+of+the+story.+
God of War: Ascension takes gamers back to the beginning of the story.

The God of War series known for over top battles and compelling stories is back and while loyal fans will be happy to know that the game will be familiar, it brings something new to the table.

“God of War: Ascension, the latest entry in the series is set to be released on March 12.

The game is a prequel to the story told in the first three main games.

Developers have said that the game will focus more on the Spartan Kratos’s life before he started his quest of vengeance against the gods.

Fans of the series are aware that Kratos was betrayed by the god of war Ares and tricked in to murdering his family.

He was cursed for his crimes by being forced to wear the ashes of his loved ones on his body earning him the title of the Ghost of Sparta.

In this game players will see a more human side of Kratos, before he became the ruthless avenger they meet later in the series.

Undecided student Daniel White is interested in seeing this new side of Kratos.

“I kind of like how they go back in to Krato’s mortal side…before he became the Ghost of Sparta.”

One new feature will be the multiplayer, which will allow players to take the role of a Spartan and compete in different game types.

Players will be able to customize their Spartan look and fighting style depending on which god they choose to fight for such as Ares or Zeus.

For players who prefer a more direct brawling style Ares will be their preferred choice, while fans of magic will go for lightning god Zeus.

This is first time that the series will incorporate multiplayer in to the game, and some fans are split about it.

“Honestly it’s not really that appealing to me,” said Communications major Emanuel Salcedo.

“I just want to play as Kratos, and just start killing people (with) crazy combos and stuff like that.”

White sees the chance to play with others differently.

“I’m pretty excited…it’s always fun with solo play, but multiplayer would just add a little more (to the game).”

Daniel Green
Daniel Green, Managing Editor
Fall 2014 Daniel Green is a third year member of Talon Marks and the current Managing Editor. He started as the Associate News Editor and later became News Editor. He was born back east in Waterbury, Connecticut and moved to California as a baby. Even though he wasn't born here he considers California his home. He lived in Vermont during his teenage years learning snow is overrated and that California's one season is superior to the four seasons the rest of the country shares. In his off time he enjoys exercising, exploring new places, being with friends and reading. Daniel believes dogs are the best pets but cat are acceptable. He likes movies and comics and will argue about Spider-man with anyone. Daniel also looks forward to the day he will finally vanquish his foe Carlos Holguin from the face of the Earth.