New senators, funds distributed at meeting

The majority of the senate meeting was dedicated to appointing new members, as three of the five were appointed.

The Wednesday, Oct. 8, ASCC Senate meeting also had new members of the court.

Among other topics in the meeting were student transfers and events related to such, like university fairs.

After long discussion, the senate decided to postpone the consideration of approving two new senators. Neither of the elected were present at the meeting, as they (the two candidates) had other obligations to fulfill. In turn, the senate decided to make its final decision when the two candidates were present.

Others that were appointed were three new associate justices of the court. All three were appointed with a block vote.

Also, the senate decided to add additional funds to the university fairs and transfer conferences.

The previous budget for this committee was at $1500, and a block vote by the senate decided to raise the committee’s budget to $3500.

The senate also voted to approve funding for the Skeptics Society research lecture.

Further relating to funds, the senate approved to reimburse the UC Davis Pre-Health Conference attendees for their transportation fees.

Angel Esqueda
Angel Esqueda, Staff Writer
Fall 2014 My name is Angel Esqueda, first semester at Cerritos College and first semester on the Talon Marks. I’m a video game, movie, news, technology, Mountain Dew, and Red Vine enthusiast. I play on PS4 (iANG3L_CHR1S), Xbox 360 (ANG3L CHR1S), and PS3. I’ve been working in journalism for 2 years and have won awards at UCLA and CSU Northridge for my efforts in opinion writing. I’m happy to be on this staff and am looking to make an impact. Look for my reviews and opinion articles on Talon Marks, as I’m sure that you’ll love them. Follow me on Twitter @das_angel to see me in the wild.