ASCC Cabinet discusses Student Center etiquette

Associate Justice Eduardo De La Rosa presents to Cabinet legislation to have student government activity noted on transcripts Photo credit: Michael Garcia

Todays cabinet meeting went over new and old matters. Commissioner of the Student Center Ilene Ochoa was able to give an update on the rules that would be posted so that they are clear to all that lounge at the Student Center.

The rules that would be posted are:

1. Be courteous, respectful and civil to yourself and others
  2. Respect district property
  3. Follow the Cerritos College Standards of Conduct
  4. Be mindful of others using the Student Center (eg. noise, music, language, public display of affection)
  5. Comply with directions given by Cerritos College staff

Failure to follow these rules would result in a three-strike rule manner with:

1. A warning
  2. Staff will obtain photo ID and Cerritos College
  3. Removal from Student Center and disciplinary actions

Ochoa said, “Students that have had issues in the past were not happy with the rules.”

She also said that the furniture for the Student Center had been decided on.

Associate Justice Eduardo De La Rosa held a presentation to have student government activity noted on transcripts.

He said that a notation on their transcripts would help students that get involved with student government stand out and this would be especially helpful for students that have competitive majors.

“We want students to have that one line of text [showing they served in government]. This is a stepping stone for students,” he said.

A joint meeting will be held between the ASCC Cabinet and the Board of Trustees Apr. 29.

ASCC President Miles Aiello stated the parts for the new hydration stations have begun to come in and the only thing left is to wait for the plumbers to come and install them.

He also wants the public to know that Cabinet meetings are open and he encourages students to come to meetings and speak on issues they may have.

Cabinet meetings are held Mondays at 2 p.m. at BK 111 which is located east of the bookstore and across from the game room.

Other upcoming announcements include the upcoming Military Ball, Art Through Diversita and the Cerritos Walk of Fame.

Michael Garcia, Staff Writer
Spring 2015 Hi I'm Michael. I have been off for two semesters but i decided to come back as a journalism major. I'm interested in technology, hip hop, and video games. I started off as computer science major and even though I love technology I found that programming wasn't for me. I would love to write for a nerd/tech stie in the future. I have a passion for pizza.