Softball wins conference championship

Second baseman Alexxa Sanabria awaits the pitch from pitcher Lily Cornejo.

Trailing 5-3 heading into the sixth inning of their game against El Camino Compton Center, the Falcons came from behind to pick up the win 10-5. The victory secured sole possession of the South Coast Conference Championship.

The Falcons, now 29-8 overall and 20-1 in conference play concluded the regular season in convincing fashion, winning 12 of their last 13 games.

With the regular season completed, the Falcons now prepare for post season play which begins on May. 5.

Freshman catcher Julia Mendoza is happy with how the team finished the season.

“I think we did really great in comparison to how we started the season. We started with 15 girls to the roster, and now we have 13.”

Entering the final game against ECCCC, the Falcons felt that a successful end to the season would be to on a strong note and to continue doing what they have done so far.

Sophomore outfielder/pinch runner, Sasheen Contreras is excited about post season play, but has a specific interest in who she would like to play against in the first round.

“I hope we play Antelope Valley because they have always given us strong competition. Also, I am pretty sure that we will play Mt. SAC.”

The Southern California Regional Playoffs begin on May 5 and 6 when the Falcons will host a best of three series. The opponent that the Falcons will face will be announced on April 29.

Patrick Dolly, Staff Writer