A Day in the Life of Luis: Adaptation to the new normal

A+Day+in+the+Life+of+Luis+is+a+weekly+personal+column+written+by+Luis+Lemus.+
Rebecca Aguila
“A Day in the Life of Luis” is a weekly personal column written by Luis Lemus.

There are many things or occasions that we all miss during a pandemic, whether it was meeting up in the newsroom or perhaps meeting a friend in the quad to group study in the library.

While that may still be something that is missed, there was nothing but joy in seeing familiar faces old and new as the majority of one class didn’t even know me since I was way in the back due to not wanting to be a fire hazard in the SS building.

So seeing their faces was entirely for the first time.

To top it off, it felt like a cohesive unit. Things were getting done as we all worked on the problems as a team true to the definition of the word.

But I digress, seeing the class on the tablet as instruction in “class” happened as we all settled into the new normal that we could not predict at the beginning of the semester.

As one professor put it, “ we are all learning how to do this together.“

We most certainly will, and together we can get through this unforeseen situation together.

Sure it’s not ideal for many of us to do the work on opposite sides of the screen compared with traditional practices (personally I hate the shit more than anything else I “hate“, and there’s not much on my list) but look at things from this perspective: we are already one week down and we survived to talk about it.

The work will be frustrating as hell but it is all for the best.

Like a favorite rapper once said, “When Life Gives You Lemons, Paint That Shit Gold.”

Live up to your full potential in the last half of the semester. End it with a gold.

Six more weeks to go, Falcons.

Keep it up and push through the circumstances given to not only you, but to all of us. Staff members included.

Luis Lemus, Co-Sports Editor
Luis is very big on baseball and tries to attend as many games as he can when there are no classes, of course. When he is not in class or attending a baseball game, he enjoys listening to music, specifically Hip-Hop and Banda. Specifically Banda MS, Banda La Adictiva and Banda El Recodo.
Rebecca Aguila, Multimedia Editor
Rebecca Aguila is the currently Multi-media editor and is a 22-year-old student who is majoring Journalism who is set to graduate Spring 2021. Her dream is to create a multi-media production company that is internationally available for an array of content creators. She is a lover of all types of food and will eventually be the creator and producer of food documentary series that highlights the authentic dishes throughout the world.