Fans will love “Halo 4”

Everyone who has an Xbox 360 should get “Halo 4” when it comes out, it’s against the law for people who own a 360 not to get Halo 4, not really, but it should be, it’s that cool!

Nov. 6 can’t come any closer for the die-hard Halo fans. The Halo franchise is known for revolutionizing the shooting genre with Halo 1.

Even though Bungie, the original creators of Halo, has passed the mantle to 343 Industries, don’t worry, from what 343 has shown, Halo 4 will not disappoint.

“Halo 4” will continue where “Halo 3” left off, Master Chief on the broken half of the space frigate “Forward Unto Dawn,” where he will make to a Forerunner planet called Requiem. In Halo 4 we will see how the relationship between Master Chief and Cortana will develop since Cortana, an artificial intelligence, is well past her life span of seven years for an artificial intelligence. So be prepared to see Cortana in a much more erratic way.

Also accompanying the campaign are several new game modes for “Halo 4”.

The multiplayer for will now be called “Infinity,” but who really cares about names.The two different multiplayer modes that will be offered are “War Games” and “Spartan Ops.”

Spartan Ops, a four player co-op mode that will be given out weekly in episodes, is a new multiplayer mode that will be replacing Firefight, however some are not that confident about about how Spartan Ops will play. It’s really disappointing not seeing Firefight in Halo 4, memories of playing Firefight with buddies on Friday nights will be sorely missed.

New multiplayer modes that are being introduced to Halo are “Regicide,” a mode that has you kill the player who is in the lead, and “Dominion,” a mode that has two teams fighting to protect territories.

Another difference in the multiplayer is the change of focus from kills to a points system. What this means is that the Halo 4 multiplayer will be more team based. This will be a welcome change for Halo because you will be playing as a team instead of several players being lone wolves.

One of the cool changes that is being made for “Halo 4,” is that players will finally have their own personal load outs of what they want from their armor abilities to their primary and secondary weapons.

“Halo 4” will bring in some new Promethean weapons like “Suppressor,” a short-mid range automatic gun, “Light Rifle,” “Scatter Shot,” a shotgun type weapon, “Binary rifle,” “Incineration Canon,” “Boltshot,” and the “pulse grenades.” The most impressive gun for me has to be the Incineration Canon, blow up things is going to get much more fun.

Luis Guzman
Luis Guzman, Managing Multimedia Editor
Fall 2014 Hey guys and gals, my name is Luis Guzman. I am journalism student at Cerritos College, I’ve been going there for about three years now. I have been involved with Talon Marks, the newspaper for Cerritos College, for five semesters. I have done mostly everything there is to do in Talon Marks; covering breaking news, page design, video production, podcast production, and photography. I like to read in my off time, mostly books about science fiction and horror. I also like to write fiction of my own, mostly poetry and short fiction. The career I have in mind would involve anything that has to do with creative writing and maybe writing some articles for newspapers here and there.